iPad I'd like to swap my white for a space grey, advise please.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yegon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. yegon macrumors 68020

Bought a white Air from the Apple Store, and I really wish I'd got a space grey one. Assuming they let me swap it (stock permitting), what's the procedure? Do I need a genius appointment (I'm assuming not) and just take it in all boxed up?

It's a 128gb that's virtually full, so ideally I want to take it in and then, when I'm deffo allowed the swap, disable Find My iPhone and erase everything in the store. Saves me having to restore it all if, for some reason, they won't sanction the swap.

2. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

There is no reason you shouldn't be allowed to return the iPad and buy another. They shouldn't need a reason as you're within 14 days.

3. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Good good. It's still immaculate.

I'm just wondering when to do it this coming week (UK), the Manchester Apple Store had sold out of the model I wanted at midday yesterday. Hence why I foolishly bought a white one, thinking hey it's a change! I really do prefer black bezels, it's personal preference admittedly.

4. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I'm not sure the return rules for the UK. You may want to call and ask. In the States it is a simple process.

5. blesio macrumors regular

You just want to return it because you turned off your brain during the purchase process? That's odd. And also very simpleminded. Shame on you.

6. skillwill macrumors 6502

Same for UK also very simple, this early on if you take everything in + receipt they won't even ask a question

7. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

Given it was a foolish mistake and I'm admitting to it, I suggest you redirect your ire towards all the people on here who claim they bought it just to "try it" in lieu of returning it and getting an rMini at a later time.

8. blesio macrumors regular

Oh this is also as bad. Maybe I'm just jealous that our rights aren't as liberal as your's are. I have to think twice before I make a purchase. Can't return something just because I don't like the color. I wonder what the Apple store policy is here in Poland. Will have to check it out.

9. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

You are fine to return it no questions asked for a full refund....
    Managing to find a 128Gb in Space Grey in Manchester on a Saturday won't be quite as easy I should imagine.

10. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

I'll back it up, erase everything and pack it up and take it in next week some time I've decided.

11. Threni macrumors member

I bought a white one yesterday for a change and love it. Also from Arndale ;)

12. yegon thread starter macrumors 68020

It is spectacular, and reading web content is arguably better with a white bezel. It's just I've always had black everything, bar a white PSP Go, and I think I've trained my brain to completely ignore black bezels. The white seems to jump out at me and assault my eyes.

1st world prob.

13. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Immaculate or not it will have to go back for refurbishing. :mad: