Idaho Becomes Ninth Constitutional Carry State Permitless concealed carry signed into law

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thewap, Apr 2, 2016.

1. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Quoted from article;

Idaho legalized the carry of a concealed firearm without a permit on Friday.

Republican Gov. Butch Otter signed SB 1389 into law after it passed both the House and Senate with large majorities. The law allows everyone who is a resident of Idaho, is 21 years of age or older, and legally allowed to posses a firearm, to carry a firearm concealed on their person without obtaining a permit first.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/idaho-becomes-ninth-constitutional-carry-state/

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

May they far better than Colorado and the movie theaters it harbored. Where were the "good guys with guns" that day, or was the good guy the one who slaughtered and gave quick deaths to the innocents watching hollywood trash?

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

More idiots with guns and a robocop complex and no training what could possibly go wrong?

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Theatre was A gun free zone IIRC

5. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

6. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

well Texas is not and they have mass shootings too.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Where is the carnage?
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2016 ---
    Texas has plenty of gun free zones, so does AZ

8. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Yes, when Muslims commit terrorist acts (mass shootings) on gun free military bases.

All but one mass shootings happened in a GFZ (Tucson).

9. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

https://www.texasobserver.org/mass-shooting-2015-texas/
    I doubt streets are GFZ's 21 mass shootings humm in a gun crazy state. there are very few GFZ in texas now even mental health institutions are not gun free.

10. Desertrat macrumors newbie

And then there's Chicago. Per law and ordinance, it's darned near a gun-free zone. Doesn't appear to hold down the murder rate, though.

Safest places: A bar where cops hang out, an NRA convention and gun shows. :)

11. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

Well unless someone does not know their gun is loaded.

12. samiwas macrumors 65816

Man, I love the thought of untrained people carrying weapons around me and my family. Makes me feel so safe.

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Do you need a safe space?
    CA is not that bad, have you Considered moving? Relax. The odds are in your favor

14. samiwas macrumors 65816

Nah, I'm not religious.

So, if the odds are better in my favor with untrained people carrying firearms around, does that mean I should worry more about the trained ones?

As far as considering moving, we had to start thinking about it when the liberty laws were getting voted on around here. Entire industries, mine included, were threatening to leave the state. My career would have vaporized so people could have their safe spaces from gays.

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

I don’t know if this report by CBS News has been Dan Rathered, but it’s not looking good for Utah, low state on the totem pole.

19. Utah (TIE)
    Death by firearm per 100,000 population: 12.6

No permit required for a purchase of a firearm.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/2/

Meanwhile a pdf pops up at this link: http://www.healthandwelfare.idaho.g...isc Reports/Firearm Fact Sheet March 2011.pdf

“Idaho’s firearm death rate remained above that of the United States during the 1999-2007 period for all years except for 2000 (2007 is the latest data available for the United States). Idaho’s crude rate for this time period was 12.3 per 100,000, and the crude rate for the United States was 10.3, a difference that is statistically significant. 1 For this report, firearm-related deaths are defined as all suicide, homicide, unintentional (accidental), legal intervention (L.I.), and undetermined deaths where a firearm was involved.”

“FIREARMS
    Firearm deaths accounted for 1.7 percent of the total Idaho resident deaths from 2005-2009. Of the 928 firearm deaths, 83.5 percent were suicides, 11.0 percent were homicides, 3.0 percent were unintentional, 1.9 percent were due to legal intervention, and 0.5 percent were of undetermined intent. A total of 87.3 percent of them were attributed to males. Overall, males were 6.9 times more likely to be killed by a firearm than females. Males were 7.8 times more likely to be involved in a firearm-related suicide, 2.9 times more likely to die by firearm- related homicide, and 8.3 times more likely to die through an unintentional discharge of firearms than females.”

16. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

I just had a premonition…. that hundreds of Trump supporters would attend the Republican National Convention (in Cleveland) and treat the event as one big "open carry party" to celebrate GOP love of guns. Trump fanatics love guns. But Cruz supporters also love guns, and so do Kasich voters. What could possibly go wrong? Especially if it ends up being a "brokered convention", what could possibly go wrong?

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You aren't cherry picking individual states to make your point are you? Especially with Utah...

18. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Good for Idaho.

More guns means more dead thugs and the triumph of good over evil.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Obeying the law and allowing the Criminal Protection Zone to be as such.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016 ---
    I feel the same in regards to untrained people exercising their 1st Amendment Right.

20. samiwas macrumors 65816

True. We will never forget all the people slain by words. Because, you know...it's the exact same thing.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 4, 2016 ---
    Yeah...Idaho is known for it's thugs and gangs.

Probably also means more dead kids.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Goebbles, Stalin, and Pol Pot were pretty good wordsmiths. Honorable mention goes to Sanger.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So what are you saying here? That the 1st amendment is more dangerous than the 2nd?

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Exactly what I am saying. /s

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    So what were you saying? Certainly you had more reason to toss out Goebbels', Stalin's, and Pol Pot's names into the conversation than trying to be edgy, right?

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I like being edgy, his/her comment to me made as much sense as apparently mine has made to you.