Idaho rep tackles faith healing after child deaths

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 22, 2014.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm all for freedom to practice your religion as you see fit. You want to kill yourself or leave it in god's hands, go for it. Don't you dare subject children to this barbaric practice.

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Every time I read stories like this (and its far and away too common) I wonder how we can point to "uncivilized" parts of the world with contempt while we have this crazy type of thinking always with a pulse in our society.

All I hear is:

http://youtu.be/oHqUipinDyw

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

In a perfect world, the parents would be convicted of first degree murder and get life without parole.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

B-b-b-but FREEDOM!

Clearly these people's religious values know whats best for their kids...to be dead. :(

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I wouldn't go that far. Certainly negligence and endangerment, though, provided malice wasn't a factor.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Standing by and doing nothing while a child with a treatable illness dies is premeditated murder. It is completely inexcusable.

7. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

In light of today's standards, easily categorized as child abuse leading to death. I believe even as an adult if you were left in your bed to die vs a significant other seeking standard medical treatment to correct the situation, that person could be held legally accountable for allowing you to lay there and expire.

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps they hope to succeed where Dr. Josef Mengele failed, and create a Master Race?

They certainly seem to be practising Survival Of The Fittest.