IDC says Winphone beats iPhone by 2015~16

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PracticalMac, Jun 7, 2012.

1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

That's what IDC is guessing.

[​IMG]
    See their prior predictions.

I think its laughable given the current distrust of Windows and loosing ground with what it does have.
    Add to it those stupid and insulting "smartphone beta tester" commercials (make us all look like idiots).

Still, Windows is the dominant computer OS, and Microsoft does have deep pockets, they do have the potential to make a significant comeback if they play it right (not that I have seen any right moves).

One person noted MS is in better position to make an integrated environment then Google, doing a similar Desktop/Laptop-to-SmartPhone linking (via SkyDrive) then Google (can which currently has a marginally useable OS product in its Chrome OS).

IMHO, Android will suffer far more then iOS, becuase MS can actually produce something close to what Apple has built with that they have now.

That is IF MS can convince people their new OS is really as good as they promise.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I read this myself. What I don't understand is what they are basing this on. If windows 8 has a successful kickoff, and WP8 ties into Windows 8 extremely well, I think WP will see a boost in sales though.

There was a time when people laughed at Android too. In tech space virtually anything is possible. Successful businesses can crumble under a competitors weight overnight. Not saying this will happen, per se, but it is a quickly changing market.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Blackberry OS having any sort of growth at all? It's not really happening right now...

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Their new OS, set to launch this summer, is pretty much their hail Mary. We will either see RIM rise from the ashes, or crumble and be picked apart (for patents, etc.) by their competitors for pennies on the dollar.

5. RenoG macrumors 65816

This is like saying Kia to beats Mercedes by 2015-16.

Yeah they are doing good but how about we just wait and see, how about that....

6. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

If everyone took this approach, the idea of the stock market would be virtually pointless.

7. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

He. Unless they allow objective C apps, they'll always be that pathetic "-0.4%" on the bottom of usage charts.

8. RenoG macrumors 65816

Fixed it for you...

9. 0m3ga, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012

0m3ga macrumors 6502

These analysts are a joke. Every prediction they have had in the last 4 years have been wrong. No one pays attention to them any more. Hell, according to them, iOS marketshare should already be less than WP7.

Some of the analysts were long time M$ employees, so it stands to reason why they predict everyone else to fail while the wp is always on the rise.

Hell, here s what these idiots predicted just a few months ago.

[​IMG]

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Pretty sure brokers and investors are included in "everyone". You see, if EVERYONE felt that way (including brokers and investors)... well, you get the rest I think. ;)

11. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

the fact that BB is even on the list makes it all BS to me.

Blackberry treated me well back in the day- but they were overshadowed and overpowered by Apple and Google with virtually no fight. I don't see RIM phones still being around in 4 years, sad to say.

12. chokem macrumors 6502

Been hearing all this for years. ________ will overtake Apple by the year 20__. Yawn.