Ideas for the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hrrslmpk, Sep 26, 2013.

1. hrrslmpk macrumors member

Yes I know the 5S was just released but after buying it and having it for about a week I can't help but think that Apple could have went a little further on the physical design/ feature side. What are some of you guys thoughts on what apple could create for the iPhone 6?

Discuss

2. wepiii macrumors 6502

This is the most apple has changed appearance wise for any S model, so I'm not really sure what more you were expecting.

3. hrrslmpk thread starter macrumors member

Wasn't really expecting too much to be changed...that's why I asked people thoughts on what could come with the iPhone 6 # hopefully they keep touch ID and don't just make it for the 5S :/

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Bigger screen
    HD screen
    Better speakers
    Higher capacity battery

5. hrrslmpk thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking the same thing maybe 4.2 or 4.3 and waterproofing and shock resistance would be bad ass

6. wepiii macrumors 6502

I don't see why they wouldn't, but I do think the 6 will lose the physical home button. Maybe a capacitive button or something

7. hrrslmpk thread starter macrumors member

Hmmm maybe a special capacitive button that can wake the phone by double tapping it and still keep the touch ID

8. wepiii macrumors 6502

I really hope the size doesn't get much bigger than the 5, but a bigger screen in the same size phone would be awesome.

I really hope you are right about the speakers and battery

9. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

This would be nice...

Wireless AC
    Bigger screen with bumped resolution and less bezel (maybe 1080p screen @ 4.3-4.5)?
    32gb,64gb,128gb capacity
    2MP front camera, 12 MP rear camera
    bigger battery
    A8 (Quad-core, 2gb ram)
    stereo speakers

sameish design as 5S (same colours) but a little bigger

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The "S" series of iphones tend to usually look exactly the same as the prior release but with some internal spec bump and at least 1 unique feature.

the 3GS had voice control, the 4S had Siri, the 5S has the fingerprint scanner.

I'm suspecting the iPhone 6 may have a 5" screen because:

1. The WSJ and other news outlets officially already announced that Apple was experimenting with 5"-6" screen sizes for a "future" iPhone.

2. iOS 7 does provide some subtle hints into a larger screen as well

- The slide to unlock from anywhere on the screen
    - The edge swipe gesture would make it easier to go back/fourth on specific screens without having to overextend your thumb or shift your grip to reach the top left corner of the screen.

11. watchthisspace macrumors 6502a

I'd say the next iPhone will be slightly wider and host a slightly larger screen. It won't be edge-to-edge because of the volume and silent buttons.

It won't have a HD display, it will probably be another oddball resolution. To keep with the 330ppi and to keep power draw down.

A8 SoC will be a given, bit of a performance boost given Apple will have tweaked even more compared to the A7. Likely to be dual core

Camera could be bumped to 10Mp and be bigger since the phone itself will be larger.

Possibly ditch the alu design for Plastic. Maybe Ive will have a stronger influence.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps an idea of the iPhone forum (vs iOS forum) being a better place for something like this? There are probably some existing threads on this subject already there as well.