Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigBrocktoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Hello all,

I have recently switched over to :apple:.

I have an iMac i7 with 8 gigs of factory RAM, running OS X 10.6.3.

Since the latest OS update, I have had problems with my airport card not remembering known networks and/or not seeing and/or not connecting to my home network when turning on, or after sleep. It ran fine before the update came down.

I am vague about the exact symptoms, because it seems to be different all the time. Sometimes I can see my network, but it won't auto connect. Other times it will see all the 2.4 ghz networks around, but not my 5 ghz network, that I would like. Recently, when it does not connect, my network does not even show up as saved in known networks, other times it does. Sometimes it asks for a network key, other times it won't. Sometimes it works fine!

Turning the airport card on and off often helps. Sometimes the first time, sometimes after several tries.

All other devices see and run on my network fine in both bands. (I have a Dlink 825 running in b/g 2.4 and n 5.)

Other than trying to save my network over and over again in Airport preferences, I have tried the following:

-Reset router to defaults
-Moved router to same room as Mac
-assigned local IPs to all my devices via MAC address
-tried to save the 2.4 network, and run only on that
-Latest router firmware

Is there a way to uninstall and re install my Airport card? Any other way to totally clear and start fresh with my Airport settings?

I did a search, there are several complaining about similar issues, but of course nobody posting resolutions.

Thank you for your help in advance! :eek:

BigBrocktoon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 2, 2010
Thanks for reading. It seems to have fixed itself with the iMac update that just came out. No problems in the last 24 hours... go figure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.