(idiot) Congressman Tells Janet Yellen God Wants Her to Wait on Raising Rates

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SHNXX, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

2. sim667 macrumors 65816

I find it astounding American politicians can say things like that and not get laughed out of the building.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

God, I hate this mentality (the video). :rolleyes: This man, while he seems like a nice person, is a reflection of the voters who elected him. I fear for us.

4. bandrews macrumors 6502a

You said "God"..... :confused:

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

6. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I use popular English vernacular (expressions of frustration) and have a sense of humor, if I have to point that out to you. :p

Hopefully you agree that in all cases it's presumptuous to proclaim to know God's plan. ;)

7. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

But why is God (I'm assuming he's talking about Yahweh here) all of a sudden a female?

8. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Can't even be truthful with yourself when you're unknowingly speaking the truth. :D I suppose you're one of those people who cries out for God's help whenever death appears to be all but certain only to deny doing so once He has saved you.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That would be insider trading, which when it comes to the markets, Id face jail time to know.

10. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

He's one of those crazy Fox News conservatives. /s

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

12. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

13. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

14. SHNXX thread starter macrumors 68000

i think we were thrown off because fox news conservatives ARE often ******* crazy as well.

15. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Sorry, no one briefed me on how to decode your encrypted language. One of my old bosses used to reply to email with a /s as an abbreviation for his name.

16. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I know! ;);):rolleyes:

17. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

They should have raised rates a few years ago (since house prices are still artificially high and savers are being harmed). They just want to do it now so that the economy suffers just before the next election.

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Now I have to analyze the seriousness of your post. Are you being funny (observing the smiley) or is this an over confident, condescending, and serious attempt to call me a hypocrite? The real question might be do you believe your own retoric? :)

I have no need to hide that at times in crucial parts of my life, I have asked for help from a higher power, but that's called hedging one's bets, something the religious are very familiar with, and for myself many questions remain unanswered.

*What would that power be- A deity, the Christian God or Other, a spiritual force composed of passed and present souls, The Force, bumping the Celestial pinball machine?
    *What would that power's rules, intentions, expectations, and plans for us be, if any?
    *And when things work out well or poorly, who should I thank or blame- a deity, bad luck, an errant flipper, luck, chance, a predetermined plan, or myself?

Hence I'm Agnostic, I don't pretend to know Big Brother, and was using common English Vernacular in this instance. :) If for some reason, I'm reading more into your post than you intended, my apologies, but if you think you have it all figured out, congrats or condolences, whichever applies. PS, my plan is not to have this as the start of another religious debate. The Competant Theist thread all ready fulfills my spiritual needs. :D

19. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He, she, it, I'd propose deities have no need of gender. ;)

20. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Sure. You got tripped up on your narrative, and suddenly you were being sarcastic. Priceless.

21. samiwas Suspended

It's priceless that he actually did put the sarcasm tag on his post? I see you are easily amused.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Have you not seen Dogma?

24. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

To my knowledge, Congressman Sherman falls in the category of "pious Jewish" faith (as opposed to Fundamentalist Authoritarian). This discourse reminds me of pleasantries I used to hear as a kid, so, I think Congressman Sherman's discourse seems "old-fashioned". AFAIK, this intro is just being pleasant, not trying to make a theological statement. I could be wrong, but, I don't think he is being "serious" about falling interest rates in the fall, although, he obviously is serious about his religion. Anybody follow this guy closely enough to decode his style? I mean, after the pleasantries about the almighty, he goes into heavy CPA and economist-speak and various technical details about why he thinks it is too early to raise interest rates...