iPad Idiotic thief (medical student) steals dying patient's iPad and gets caught

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aneftp, Oct 6, 2014.

1. aneftp macrumors 601

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Plea-Agreement-is-Discussed-for-Med-Student-Accused-of-Theft-of-IPad-Belonging-to-Patient-Who-Died-278093401.html

Morale of story. Police along with Apple can track down stolen ipad even if data has been wiped out.

And she's a medical student also. Surprised she hasn't been kicked out of school yet.

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yep it is a sad situation indeed. I could never trust her to make the right decision on matters of my life - if she were to be my doctor in the future. She clearly cannot be trusted and that is the one quality that all medical workers must have above everything else.

Unfortunately the law (and the medical boards) treat these people with kid gloves. I recall a young pharmacist who stole $80,000 worth of CII meds from a safe and he received 50 hours of community service - that's all. He got to keep his license. After being fired from that job - he got another one and yep, started stealing controlled meds from that employer. And once again, he was rewarded with 50 hours of community service. No prison time and he got to keep his license in good standing.