Idiots with explosives in their underwear are not Obama's fault.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Jan 7, 2010.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I'm not known around these parts for taking too much of my time to defend President Obama, but I must say... the attacks on him for not being 'vigilant enough' indicating that he's somehow responsible for the failed undie-bombing attack is just plain ridiculous.

It's ridiculous for the same reasons that blaming Bush for Katrina were ridiculous. It's ridiculous for the same reasons that blaming Clinton for allowing Osama to be released.

The partisan bickering is just sad, and I wish people would stick to the issues that really matter a bit more. We should be arguing about massive crippling federal debt... not singular idiot bombers. We should be arguing about the constitutionality of universal healthcare, not whether or not Obama was born in the U.S. We should be arguing about why Obama and the Democrats pushing bill after bill through that are almost universally accepted by economists to be damaging towards jobs/business at a time where we can ill afford such things.

What do you think? Am I the only one sick of seeing the media focusing on celebrities and sex stories surrounding politicians, when there are an amazing amount of stories that REALLY MATTER not being covered.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I agree that its not Obama's fault, but the bomber seems to have ties and we should be investigating as far as possible as this may not be just a singular event. There needs to be an international effort to crack down on keeping terrorists off planes, we should be sharing our information with our allies to make this happen.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I don't think it's entirely the media's fault although they do contribute. Politics itself has become so polarized and fraught with bickering idiots I fear that even the best ideas are slammed hard enough by the opposition until all that was good has been watered down or removed, lest the opposition party get credit for doing something right. Both parties seem more interested in maintaining power rather than acting in the best interests of their constituents.

The media does not necessarily help but if they actually did report intelligently about pertinent issues they'd lose their shirts as most of the viewers found something with more sex and violence to entertain themselves.

As people keep paying more attention to sex, violence, anger, and fear those will become the tools for politicians to attack their opponent so that the most people pay attention and hear the story and intelligent discussion and debate goes out the window.

4. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

It's not Obama's fault. It's Bush's, of course.

5. gibbz macrumors 68030

Which, depending on who you ask here, can further be passed to actions [not] taken by Clinton.

6. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Democrats didn't blame Bush for Katrina, they blamed him for not doing anything for days afterward while people died.

Health care is constitutional, there's nothing to argue about. Obama was born in the US, also nothing to argue about.

As far as economists all universally agreeing about what's being done, I'd love to see a cite for that assertion. The stock market and the economy as a whole seem to be demonstrating that you're wrong on this point.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

To be fair, we have injected billions that we will have to pay back. This is far from over and short sightedness is what got us in the mess to start with.

8. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, merely on the principle that agreeing with you may rip apart the fabric of the known universe in a way that goes against my dark, dark designs.

So it must be said that Obama is entirely responsible for idiots with explosive skivvies.