Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sambouka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
hey guys,

i just subscribed for the .mac trial. I was able to set up an account and all and add files to my public folder, the only problem is no one from the outside is able to access this public folder. i gave the http://idisk.mac.com/username and it promps them with a user name and password request. even though i didnt enabled the password protection option in the preferences. i tried many user names and passwords and it didnt work. how do i create users to allow them to access my account?

s:confused:

morlium

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2002
Go to Applications>Utilities>iDisk Utility and allow user to access your public folder or something like that.

I think that'll work.

sambouka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2003
Originally posted by morlium
Go to Applications>Utilities>iDisk Utility and allow user to access your public folder or something like that.

I think that'll work.

I had that done, and its still not allowing anyone to access without a user name and password

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i may be wrong, but i was under the impression that "public" meant "public to other .mac users."

i.e. i would hit your public folder w/ my .mac login.

come to think of it, i'm not wrong -- that definitely IS the impression i'm under (ha ha ha)

FelixDerKater

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2002
Nirgendwo in Amerika
Public means public, not just .Mac users...

You need to go into Homepage and set up a File Sharing page that they will see. There is another way, but this is the easiest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.