iDisplay Uninstalled, Mac still think it has a 2nd monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FubsyGamr, Jan 12, 2011.

1. FubsyGamr macrumors regular

Hey guys, I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find the answer to my problem.

So, a while back I decided to try iDisplay, for my iPad, but I was not happy with the quality so I decided to uninstall it from both my iPad and my MacBook Pro. However, my Mac still thinks it has a second display. If I move my mouse to the left side of the screen (where I, before, had my iPad set up) the mouse will disappear. I can move windows over there and everything. If I open Spaces, it shows a second, smaller display next to my normal display option.

How can I turn this off? It is quite annoying!

Thanks for any/all help.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It may help if you try the detect displays button in system prefs -> displays

3. FubsyGamr thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so, when I open System Prefs -> Displays, then I hit the button 'Detect Displays', nothing seemed to happen...should I be doing more?

as a side note, when I then opened Spaces, there was a second window on my "iPad window" that called itself "VGA Display" and gave me resolution options to chose from.

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

That was just an idea that I had, I was thinking that it might detect that there wasn't another display present, although it appears that I was wrong