Idk why but everytime 3g switches to Edge i lose the call?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by michael31986, Sep 3, 2008.

1. michael31986 macrumors 68040

is this always going to happen? it didn't happen as much until 2.02. i remember 2.01 was better signal wise and everything. I dont see why the drop off is so bad.

will apple be able to fix this?

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

This is how every 3g phone works, not just the iPhone.

3. milani macrumors 68000

milani

What else would you expect would happen. If your phone switches from 3G to Edge it's switching networks, so unless there is something in place to somehow transfer both phones (you and the one you're talking to) between networks, you're obviously going to lose the call. They key to solving this problem is to strengthen 3G networks so your phone doesn't drop back to Edge in the first place.

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

wrong.

My nokia n70 can switch between the 2 networks without dropping. And most other nokias can do this too. There is a slight pause in the call when this happens but it sure doesn't drop the call.

5. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040

no it isn't supposed to drop. yes stronger 3g and not diverting to edge would be good, but we all know 3g doesn't go through building as much lol. or at least that seems case with me, but anyway i have had times that it went to edge and kept the call so it is possible.

6. powermixx macrumors member

Same problem. A friggin sh-it load of dropped calls going from E to 3G. WTF! :mad:

I have more dropped calls on ATT than I did on Sprint. My wife is royally pissed that I jumped to the Deathstar AT&T. Sh-itty coverage.

7. michael31986 thread starter macrumors 68040