iDVD...grrr..

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
ok, so i have an idvd encode going on, and it's frozen on the last stage..(encoding audio).

when i say frozen, i mean it has a beachball..i can drag the app window around. it's been like that for about 15 minutes.

does this happen a lot? i dont know because i normally leave it overnight..should i just quit it now or leave it and see what happens? it's incredibly annoying, especially after a 3 hour encode on a 6-month old computer..

pulsewidth947

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2005
The few times i've used iDVD, i've noticed it gets stuck at around 97%. Just leave it an hour or two and see what happens. Quit it only as a last resort, as you'll have to do all that encoding again!

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
well, it decided to fix itself after around 40 mins or so.

i'm glad i didn't cancel it. although i WISH they'd put a god damned timer on that burning window..

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
The lack of any meaningful progress timer is annoying, but it's partially out of necessity; since iDVD now does two-pass encoding (which is awesome) it's harder for it to estimate how long the encode is going to take. I tend to just be very patient and it has so far not frozen on me.