Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipirate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I have a new iBook with Final Cut Express 2...but I also have a PC with a DVD burner in it. Could there be a way (and if not, could someone with experience look into this) that the "saved" sessions on the new iDVD 4 be opened or burned (like an ISO image or something) on my PC dvd burner?

I love final cut express and iDVD but I don't have the money to get a mac with a super-drive in it right now and was hoping there might be a hack for my problem.

Just something to think about.

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
nope, cant do it.

i know your aggravation: i have 7 PC DVD burners for work.

The new iDVD can only burn on a superdrive. the projects you save are just iDVD files, not actual ISO's. I wish they were, but they're not.

Its a marketing decision by apple to only support their superdrives. has nothing to do with the fact that it wouldnt work otherwise.

ipirate

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2004
St. Louis, MO
ok, well hows about this...

well if iDVD files won't work with my PC, then does anyone know of any software for the PC that will burn quicktime files to DVD?

Engagebot

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2003
LSU - Baton Rouge
i use Ulead DVD MovieFactory 2. it makes pretty simple menus and can split chapters based on whatever time interval you specify. plus it can recompress movies to get up to 6 hours if you need.

its basically iDVD except it just has static menu themes and you cant play the movie in the previews on the menus. it can make regular disc image ISOs too so you can finish them on any burner.

they have a demo on the ulead site i think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.