IE 5.2 for OS X.2

ivork

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2002
I recently installed Jaguar on two of my macs. It updated my IE to 5.2 and now I can't get the "ratings" preferences to show up. Has anyone else had this problem?

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
Amen to that! :D

I've barely been using it for a week and I don't know how I ever browsed without it. ;)

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
hehe i heard that. its just so frickin fast. ever since they pulled off the 1.0 tree its been getting faster and faster. Plus, i really prefer its looks to any browser, even omniweb. The folders in my toolbar are mad fast. For some reason OW never seems to be as fast with that.

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
i hate MS more than you, but...

Originally posted by FattyMembrane
i honestly wonder why anyone still uses IE. i trashed it the minute i was done installing 10.2 and have never looked back.
i've got reasons.

1. when i first used chimera, my hard drive started spinning and never stopped until i rebooted the machine

2. now when i try to open chimera, the navigator icon bounces twice and disappears

so until it works properly, i'll use IE. even though i hate MS, so much so i left the software industry.

fwiw, i'm running 10.2 on a 400 MHz g3 lombard pbook. navigator is v0.4.0

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: i hate MS more than you, but...

Originally posted by zimv20
i've got reasons.

1. when i first used chimera, my hard drive started spinning and never stopped until i rebooted the machine

2. now when i try to open chimera, the navigator icon bounces twice and disappears

so until it works properly, i'll use IE. even though i hate MS, so much so i left the software industry.

fwiw, i'm running 10.2 on a 400 MHz g3 lombard pbook. navigator is v0.4.0
Current version is .5 ...check it out. :)

Draft

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2002
Chicago, IL
I have also trashed IE and it's been great. Anything that chimera can't do, mozilla can. Plus they're both way faster then IE.

Draft

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Re: Re: i hate MS more than you, but...

Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Current version is .5 ...check it out. :)
ha! much better. thank you.

now if i can just figure out a way to quiet those animated gifs...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Re: Re: i hate MS more than you, but...

Originally posted by zimv20
ha! much better. thank you.

now if i can just figure out a way to quiet those animated gifs...
Hey, I resemble that remark! ;)

Sorry, there's no way to do that yet in Chimera.

sphereboy

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2002
MIAMI.FL.USA
I just installed Chimera. So far it seems alot faster than IE and looks much cooler.

i have one problem.. when i went to a site with pop ups.. chimera asked me if i want to restrict pop ups from showing up.. i answered no..but now I want to go back and tell it to restrict the pop ups.

how can i go back and answer yes to this preference?

UPDATE: I LOVE THIS CHIMERA BROWSER! .. the tab feature is awesome! No more windows open all over the place.

thanks

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
Originally posted by sphereboy

chimera asked me if i want to restrict pop ups from showing up.. i answered no..but now I want to go back and tell it to restrict the pop ups.

how can i go back and answer yes to this preference?
you can't do it using the app, but there's a preference file you can change.

i forget the details, but read the docs you d/loaded w/ the chimera image. it's in there.