If  was letting the consumer decide on one function for the next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrdcharleston, Sep 23, 2016.

1. iFerdi macrumors newbie

What I meant by Touch ID is when the phone is locked and you're not using it. So you push anywhere on the screen, Touch ID is enabled, it scans your finger and it unlocks the phone.

2. addamas macrumors 6502

addamas

Shatterproof screen to the top! Why only Droid Max 2 have it?! *
    * yes, few more also have it but the screen scratches very easily

3. lyceumHQ macrumors 65816

lyceumHQ

Not a hardware feature but I can't believe that we still have to connect to iTunes to organise photos. At this point any mobile OS really should allow the user to put photos in the album they want on the device itself.

4. pixel_junkie, Sep 24, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

pixel_junkie macrumors 6502

pixel_junkie

At least SAMSUNG gave you the option to expand so maybe you put music on there or photos/videos and everything else on the built in?

That would never happen with Apple because it would mean they let another money maker go. Why let the user go find a deal on expendable storage media when they can sell it to you at a premium? NEVER going to happen, greed is strong with this one.

Go look up how much the fastest 256GB memory card costs and compare it to what Apple charges for that option.

5. TitanicManDC macrumors member

TitanicManDC

6. Setarip macrumors member

The fastest micro sd card is no match for the memory used in the iPhone. The fastest 256GB micro sd writes at 170MB/s. That quick, but not anywhere to what the storage apple uses.

Edit: I read somewhere that the 256 nand in the iPhone 7 writes at something like 800MB/s. It would most certainly read at much faster rates.

7. chabig macrumors 603

I'd like small nuclear power source that could go five years between refuelings, and a 100X optical zoom that can see around corners and over the horizon.

8. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

1,000% this!

And this. I have already invested in some great headphones... 3 pairs.

9. chabig macrumors 603

...which still work!

10. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 603

T'hain Esh Kelch

Swap Lightning for USB-C so we don't end up with tons of peripherals we can't use for anything but out phones.

11. iCP3 macrumors newbie

12. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

What's this hangup with making the phone thinner? Can we please give it a rest?

Wireless charging, provided it's EFFICIENT...would take away only -some- of the user's pain of the 3.5mm jack going.

Free charging of devices over the air at the restaurant or mall? Won't happen for many years, yet.

13. Setarip macrumors member

I wouldn't mind the switch to USB-c. I think my preferred upgrade on the next phone is a larger camera sensor. I can deal with a hump for the camera, so long as the camera is amazing!

14. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Ability to reach my doorstep after preordering.

15. Nozuka macrumors 68020

But Samsung didn't give me the option to buy the phone with more than 32GB, which is why i had to use a SD-card to begin with. Leading to the poor experience i described.