If Anyone Buys The 24" Led Cinema Display In A Apple Retail Store

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shoopaman, Nov 23, 2008.

1. shoopaman macrumors 6502

shoopaman

Please post here!!! location and store city/name.
    It should be coming any day now...
    I maybe one of the few who are actually waiting for this monitor.
    Your first impression would be appreciated too. I've seen them in store but curious to see if there are any defects or what not...

Update: I've seen as far as ready to ship in online store, this should mean displays are coming to retail soon, very soon. Anyone? anyone? buller~ buller...

thank you!!!

2. mknawabi macrumors 6502

mknawabi

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Someone in another thread looked it up and it's the same panel that's in the 24" iMac, which is S-IPS.

4. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

I saw one in my Pittsburgh Apple Store, South Hills. They are very nice looking, if I had a GlassBook, I'd be tempted to get one :eek:

5. neal.yng macrumors newbie

I saw one in the Mall of America store in Minneapolis, MN.

6. maxb macrumors member

maxb

Just as a sidenote....

It's not because you've seen it in an Apple Store that they are actually available for sale... They've been in Apple Store for demo for a while now.

I think that that this thread has been made to let us know when the new LED Cinema Display will be available for sale.

7. jamestemroot macrumors member

For that kind of money, it better be an S-IPS screen

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

And here you go:

9. MGLXP macrumors regular

This does not prove that the panel in the 24inch LED Cinema Display is H-IPS. Apple could put in a S-PVA or MVA panel with similar 178 degree horizontal/vertical viewing angles and not many people could tell the difference. PVA panels even offer deeper black levels than IPS panels, although IPS panels have better colour reproduction and zero colour shift.

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

tftcentral.co.uk is showing that both the 24" iMac and the 24" LED Cinema Display are using the same H-IPS panel from LG (LM240WU2).

Is it normal for a panel manufacturer to make the same model# panel and have some be H-IPS and some be S-PVA or MVA?

11. MGLXP macrumors regular

Can you provide a link? I'm seeing that the white 24inch iMac (Apple iMac 24") and the aluminum 24inch iMac (Apple Alu 24") both use the H-IPS panel from LG (LM240WU2), but the 24inch LED Cinema Display is not listed (no one has access to the display).

12. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

I don't think LG.Philips manufacture *VA based panels, they are predominantly made by Samsung.

Dell (and possibly others) have a history of mixing and matching panels between IPS and *VP panels which caused a lot of upset in the PC community, hence the phrase 'panel lottery' when buying a particular Ultrasharp model.

13. aristobrat macrumors G4

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=6629481#post6629481

Their conclusion was that the "Apple Alu 24" was the Cinema Display.

14. maxb macrumors member

maxb

Some people are reporting that their online ordered Cinema Display have been shipped today so it should be in Apple Store soon... I hope so.

15. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

I hope this is a sign that it will be available at retail stores soon, like (X finger) tomorrow!!!!!

it will "complete me" :D

16. maxb macrumors member

maxb

did anyone had a clue from an apple store??? I called Montréal and Laval (QC, Canada) and they don't really know when they'll receive it. They said within 2 weeks... wow thanks for being so precise :confused:

17. sheperinski macrumors member

I managed to get the only one they had today at the Arndale store, Manchester (UK). It's sweet. Everything I expected. The sound's pretty good too. Looks even thinner than it does in the images at apple.com

18. maxb macrumors member

maxb

Good for you!!!

I'm a bit tired calling at the Apple Store (Montreal, Canada) to know if they got them... I hope they'll get them early next week.

19. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I got mine at the Apple Store Manhattan Village in Manhattan Beach, California yesterday.

20. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

FYI,
    Last, I checked, all of Washington states stores are out but the Tukwilla's Southcenter Mall; and it is "...limited in stock"

21. island macrumors 6502

island

Got mine yesterday night @ the Palisades Mall in West Nyack, NY.

HOTTEST SCREEN EVER!

22. avalys macrumors 6502

I got mine today (Saturday) at the Apple Store in Braintree, MA. They said it was the first one they sold!

It is a fantastic screen. Speakers are crummy, but I have real ones.

23. shoopaman thread starter macrumors 6502

shoopaman

I agree!!!
    It is fantastic, you must have some nice ext-speakers... I thought the speakers weren't too bad;)