If anyone in UK needs a sucker to dismantle an iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by doktordoris, Jan 23, 2012.

1. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Go to Aldi, if you have one, they sell a thing designed to be used as a handrail in showers. It looks like an old fashioned phone handset with a sucker at each end. It i supposed to be placed against a tiled wall and then "clipped" there, so people with disability issues have a safe hand rail. I opened the box and it looked ideal for removing an imac screen. It cost five pounds.

2. twentyred macrumors newbie

By sucker I thought you meant person willing to upgrade one's iMac free of charge, until I read your the rest of your post.

3. dh2005 macrumors 6502a

Hahahaha...!!!

Yeah, likewise: as in, "if anybody in Blightly's looking for a goon to take their iMac apart, I'm your man!".

4. kpgh554 macrumors regular

kpgh554

you can get 55mm dent pullers from maplins for £3.99 work perfect as used on my mac

5. DiScO197 macrumors regular

Interested in this! Got to love ALDI....

Looking to buy an iMac shortly but shudder when I select the Apple SSD option!

So, once you have sucked out the screen and done your business, how does it go back together? Just pushes back in?

Ta.

6. doktordoris thread starter macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

In essence, yes. The glass screen is just held in situ by magnets. Look at ifix to see their mac teardown.

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/iMac-Intel-27-Inch-Teardown/1236/1