If Apple came to you for the next big product idea...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dennisaliu, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dennisaliu macrumors newbie

hey everyone,

so i was working on an interview for a YouTube video I made and one of the questions was pretty cool:

13. If Apple came to you for the next big product idea, what would you have them add to your tech arsenal?

Ok, so this has probably been asked already, but I thought it might be a fun brainstorm. Here's what I wrote. Probably not economically sound, but if they could make it cheap enough, this would definitely help AppleTV go more mainstream ----

"Apple really needs to build a TV display, and build Apple TV right into it. I think people want to simplify things. Apple makes great displays and Apple TV is brilliant. So why not combine the two? People don't want a box to connect to their TV. They want it to be simple and all put together for them. Plus, how sick would it be to have a 40" + Apple TV display in your living room?"

2. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

Well, they've added my iPod to my TV (atv)
    They've added my iPod to my phone (iPhone)

So, they can add my iPod to my car (iCar)
    Add my iPod to my store (iStove)
    add my iPod to my dog (iDog)

3. Kinderhauz macrumors member

I think Apple should build a really badass digital camera with wi-fi. It could have stripped down versions of iPhoto and iMovie on it so you could do some basic editing on the fly -- and with the wi-fi, you could instantly publish the content to YouTube or Flickr. All the YouTube kids could go out and pretend to be amateur journalists. Maybe even the professionals could use it if they made the camera good enough.

I also like the idea of a tablet PC with multi-touch capabilities. Obviously, they're already working on this, so I don't think it matters to mention it. But I think the idea of a tablet PC replacing college textbooks is a really good idea. Textbooks are early 20th century technology and we really shouldn't have to use them anymore.

Lastly, I think Apple could make a really cool digital picture frame like that Forrester report said they would. I think digital picture frames are pretty cool, especially if they have wi-fi so they could pull pictures from the computer.

4. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I think Apple should join the Industrial Military Complex. Big money to be made there. :p

Seriously, probably a car. :)

5. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

they should finally make a unified system. well, what i mean is essentially a improvement to OS X:

most mac users have 2 mac's or more. Notebook and an imac and a mac mini.
    Now you update to a new system and that means you need some software updates for photoshop and 20 other programs. you have to do that for every mac separately.

what i want is that every mac has the same software, same data, same settings. when i update a shareware program on the mac mini it automatically updates the other two macs. when i update the imac to leopard then the other macs have automatically the same os with the same settings. data in the home folder get mirrored/synced on all macs. only software and data that i exclude stays the same (no need to have all your movies on all macs).
    one external drive can restore any mac if a hardrive crashes since they have all the same stuff on them.

that would need a extreme standardized hardware/system and of course multiple licenses for all programs and music.

if somebody can pull that off then apple. like they negotiated reasonable drm they could negotiate software licenses in packs of five. they also could set the standards for the hardware and system.

that would make my life a lot simpler.

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

honestly if apple came to ME for the next big idea id be very dissapointed.

What I love about apple is they deliver what a want....even when i didnt know I wanted it.

:apple:

7. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I would suggest a completely touch-screen iMac, that swivels down like the Surface, flat like a table. Either that or a touch-screen tablet MBP 19".

Then they could give me one for providing them such a hot idea.

8. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

An eBook reader:-

-Dual screen. Both color e-ink screens with thousands of colors
    -9 inches diagonally including the bezel. 8.2 inch Screens.
    -2 CM thin when closed.
    -Should look like a regular paper book when closed.
    -Multi touch screens
    -Wifi
    -4+ GB SSD. With option to upgrade the ssd drive.
    -Use it to access internet via 3G iPhone connection.
    -A really good software package to take down notes, organize your eBooks and self created notebooks.
    -COPY PASTE:mad:. This time we do really need it.
    -Mobile Safari browser and iPhoto, MP4 videos, Mail, calc etc.
    -Must include a pen to write notes, create drawings just like you`d with a normal paper book and a pencil. Plus the ability to use the multi touch keyboard if you wish.
    -Atleast 20 hours of battery life when using it for just taking notes and reading books wifi turned off.
    -Persuade all the schools and universities to have all the study material available at the iTunes eBook Store.
    -Under 300$:eek:. OK atleast not above 500$

Would definitely become a must for all the school and college students.

9. djellison macrumors 68020

I'd really like something a bit like a Mac Book Pro, but not quite as big. Perhaps, I don't know, 12" display, discreet graphics, optical drive - something for the content-creative ammoung us, not wanting a machine as large as a 15" MBP.

I know, I know, it's an extreme idea...but you never know - it might just work.

Doug

10. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

I highly doubt the camera part, although that second part would be awesome. I'd love to connect my camera to my iPod touch (or the much-rumored tablet) and do some quick editing right there. That would be awesome!

If they release this, I'll pawn my existing textbooks for one. ;)

11. ibookos9 macrumors member

ibookos9

I have some ideas

1. An Aluminum iMac (Made like the iMac G4) With support to up to 8GB Ram and an intel core 2 duo or core 2 quad. A DVD Superdrive (optional Bluray). Monitor Sises 20 inch 17 inch 22 inch 24 inch. And The power button would be made into the Apple Logo :)apple:). Also there would be an iSight camera made on the top of the screen. The iMac would also have a TV Tuner. This iMac would cost under $1000.00 with core 2 duo and 17 inch screen.

2. An Aluminum Mighty Mouse. (Wired or Wireless). That has a bigger scroll wheel like most pc mice.

3. A new Apple Monitor with iSight.

4. Macbook air with built in super drive and 120 GB Hd.

5. Apple Speakers ( They look like there old Pro Speakers but sound better and can be used with PCs also. These are made with white plastic.)

6. A new eMac. That looks kind of like the old one but smaller. It would have a built in 17 inch LCD Monitor. And a core 2 duo processor. It would also have an iSight built in. It would also cost $1000.00 and have a TV tuner.

7. An Apple GPS system (like the TOMTOM) but white and bigger screen.

8. A new Apple keyboard that looks like the slim one now but has 2 more USB ports.

That's all my ideas. Tell me what you think :p :apple:

12. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

I want a bluetooth device. A 4x6 inch flat panel that can sit on the desk and give me multi-touch features on a Mini or Mac Pro.

No wires. Thinner than the iPhone. That's what I'd like to see. This way there are no fingerprints on my display, and the panel can be put in a drawer when not in use.

It doesn't have to have the precision of a drawing tablet, just the Apple features.