If Apple will impress me tomorrow, I´m gonna be really suprised

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ApplesAOranges, Mar 1, 2011.

1. ApplesAOranges macrumors 6502

All these updates that people are excited about, like 1G RAM, dualcore processor or a front facing camera just seems so lame to me. I just don´t get what the fuzz is about these updates? I just know tomorrow´s gonna suck!

Double the resolution, add Flash in Safari and I´m impressed.

2. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

We may well not get 1GB of RAM and we may not even get a dualcore processor, so you may be even more disappointed than you are now, this time tomorrow.

23 hours to go :)

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Prepare to be disappointed because you will get neither "double the resolution" nor "Flash"

Apple has not given any indication these two items will be a part of iPad 2
    In fact, to the contrary, they have given every indication they won't be
    They only exist on rumor boards

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Being a moderator is going to suck more than usual tomorrow. :D

5. JAG77 macrumors member

Live stream?

I didn't want to start a new thread about this, but have any of you heard about a live stream for the event? I can't imagine they wouldn't say anything if they were going have a stream...

6. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

Apple, like usual, will keep up with the pack as far as hardware specs. I wouldn't be surprised if its about as powerful as the XOOM if not a little less powerful. Thats about it.

7. Davichi macrumors 6502

I am not sure why in the world people are increasing their expectations on iPad 2 and expect apple to somehow price drop the iPad down to 399 dollars as entry price point.

Are we sure we are talking about same company who likes to put Core 2 Duo on MBP 13 inch?

Are we talking about company who decides to put 256 Ram on iPad and let iPhone 4 have 512 MB ram?

iPad is considerably cheaper than Xoom with starting price point. It will get faster processors and ram, but don't expect retina display crap or 1GB ram. Ain't happening.

8. Carouser macrumors 65816

The best thing to do, clearly, is to gear up some unlikely expectations and set the bar just high enough that it won't be met.

Then blame Apple for disappointment.

I couldn't come up with stuff like this unless I was paid.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

We all are terribly sorry that Apple doesn't satisfy your every whim and desire. We hope that you can some how struggle through tomorrow's deep disappointment and eventually come out of your sea of despair.:rolleyes:

10. Davichi macrumors 6502

Go buy urself a xoom and it costs 799 dollars only. It will do flash someday and it will have nicer display than iPad.

Enjoy.

11. mkruck macrumors regular

mkruck

This makes me laugh.

12. urkel macrumors 68030

If we get those specs then I'll be excited. But as it stands then instead of iPad 2 it should probably should just be called iPad FT (Facetime).

13. urkel macrumors 68030

The OP's perspective is understandable though.

Look at the Macbook refresh. No fanfare, no announcements, no media circus. Just a refresh on the store introducing some very very impressive hardware upgrades. But IF the iPad 2 is nothing more than the camera that shouldve been there from the beginning then why the hype?

The thing I think people will walk away satisfied with tomorrow is the iOS 5 preview. Because with the competition getting so aggressive then Apple needs to show they deserve the marketshare they've collected.

14. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

How can people even mock or joke about other companies, Motorola in this case, promoting things for their products that will be implemented?

Didn't Apple do this with their iPhone when copy/paste or MMS wasn't available, yet Apple promised it was coming? :rolleyes:

Some of you are such a joke.

15. 2 Owls macrumors regular

*Spoiler Alert*

If you want surprising then don't read the rumours on the internet.

16. Carouser macrumors 65816

If they have that market share then they've already earned it; why do they have to show they 'deserve' it? Did they somehow get it unfairly?

When you get paid, does your boss say 'now you need to show you deserve that money'?

17. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Its the second iPad so it should be called the iPad 2.

18. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

Agree with you, I'm not convinced there will be enough changes to really call it iPad 2. I like iPad FT as a name, its different. :D

19. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I don't know about you, but I would love to have an iPad that is lighter, thinner, has dual core processor and more RAM to satisfy my Safari issues and multitasking slowdowns. Add to that one or two cameras, facetime and the iOS 5 update (which might not be announced tomorrow), and you have a winner.
    A retina display is highly unlikely, but I don't find the iPad's resolution bad. I am sure they will put a better quality display though.

20. ApplesAOranges thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing that annoys me the most about Apple is that it´s not like they couldn´t satisfy me. They could, but they won´t, huge difference.

In other words, they will be holding back technology tomorrow, which will probably sell more toys to poor people and generate more profits for Apple.

Let´s face it, Apple is turning their back on the Pro people and embracing "regular folks", ´cause there are simply lot more of them.

I wish there was two categories, iPad and iPad Pro for people, who want more than toys and are of course willing to pay more.

21. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

For the iPad 2 don't get your hopes up too high. That's all I'm going to say. They've had a number of problems along the way, and the third-generation iPad is the one to make a song and a dance about.

Sums it up.

22. Evmanw macrumors regular

Evmanw

I would be happy with 2 cameras, (more than 1mp on the back), 512 mb ram, and a little lighter/thinner and to start at 32gb (this one is a hope)

What here is unrealistic?
    Either way this will be my first tablet

23. ApplesAOranges thread starter macrumors 6502

Two cameras on the iPad is a ridiculous idea by the way. Just saying. :rolleyes:

24. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

With the MBP refresh ALL we saw was a hardware update, and except for Thunderbolt it was really a speed bump. Assuming we only get a spec bump tomorrow on the iPad (and everything is still a possibility) the real reason for the event will be iOS 5, which was probably always the point.

No single device (other than the iPhone) is Apple's flagship product anymore, it's iOS, so that's what gets the fanfare.

I disagree, I think they'll stick with plan 'ol iPad. The second iPod was still called iPod, all the way through the 6th generation when it became the iPod classic.

25. darngooddesign macrumors G3

One iPod was called the iPod Video but that's not important. It depends on whether they follow the iTouch or the iPhone naming conventions. It also depends on whether they keep an iPad 1 around as the budget version, although even when they kept the previous gen shuffle next to the buttonless one they still called them both the Shuffle. Regadless, it silly to call it the iPad FT just because it doesn't have a retina display.