If facebook is blocked by an organizations server, will emails that I send to someone

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iPhoney:), Jan 8, 2011.

1. iPhoney:) macrumors member

From facebook still be able to get through to them? I've been sending emails from the new facebook messaging service to a friend that is on a mission for her church, the email address was given to her by the church and is operated from it's servers, I haven't been getting any responses, I don't know if facebook is blocked by the church but I do know that missionaries are forbidden from using the service while on their mission, as well as regular non church sanctioned email.

2. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

It depends on how the organization is blocking Facebook. If they are using a web proxy/filter, then it should only block the Facebook site and the email should be ok. If they are doing some more in-depth filtering, then the entire domain may be blacklisted.

3. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

So, she isn't supposed to use facebook or email for non-church topics? So you're basically trying to circumvent these restrictions? I'd first ask why a church would want to isolate someone from everything but this "mission." Get your friend a phone that can use outside email, problem solved.