If Gray Powell had iLocalis, none of this would have happened

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FoxMcWeezer, Apr 23, 2010.

1. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

But seriously. I can't but wonder...if we normal iPhone 3G/S users would never dream of losing our valuable iPhone, how could Gray Powell lose his extremely secretive and valuable iPhone?

2. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

He was drinking on his birthday. Have you read none of Gizmodo's stories on it?

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Dreams ≠ Reality

I'm sure lots of us would never imagine being late to work, fighting with our spouses, or any number of things. Yet, somehow, they still happen.

4. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Still, one would think that something of such value would not be lost so easily. You would think that when he first got it, Steve Jobs looked at him and said 'Treat that like it was your life'.

5. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

If Gray Powell didn't get pissed while on the job none of this would have happened.

If they need to test the device in the wild then take it out and do the tests, then lock it up before you head out for a drink.

Simple. There is no excuse for him. "Sorry Steve, I got drunk and forgot the phone somewhere". It just doesn't cut the mustard.

6. tigertazz macrumors 6502

tigertazz

Very much a +1

7. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

Maybe they wanted to test how well a drunk person could handle it :D

8. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I wonder if the phone wasn't stolen from the guy while he was sitting at the bar. I heard that the person who 'recovered' the phone never spoke to the bar owner about the phone. I don't think the story is over, and I have read that the police are investigating this further.

9. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

..Maybe he wan't drunk either. Maybe someone slipped a drug into his drink tp incapaciate him, the stole the phone. ;)

10. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Wow, people are still talking about this dude.

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

to have ilocalis on the phone would mean the phone would be jailbroken...... not something apple would do surely, maybe mobileme with find my iphone feature enabled