If half of your customers are with new technology, and half remains with old

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Jun 11, 2009.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

If Apple comes out with new iPhone every year, about half will have the new iPhone and the other half will still be using the old. This ratio will stay the same always since most of people will have 2-year contract and upgrade every two year.

Would this be the best scenario for APPLE? (No, I am NOT saying ATT should let everyone have new iPhone at the low price every year.)

I am only curious to know how would this half & half scenario work for Apple and app developers.

2. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I just think people should realize the iPhone is a phone and nothing more. . . Do you think Motorola or Nokia worry about things like this. Why should Apple? :rolleyes:

3. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Umm... apps designed for new iPhone vs. the old?

Does Motorola and Nokia have app store?

4. Benjic macrumors regular

You are assuming that the customers who have the last gen tech aren't wiling to pay the full price for the new tech. I myself will pay the $499 it will cost to get the 3GS, and I know WHY I have to pay more. That is something a lot of people don't get about the situation.

If you bought a Razr with a 2yr agreement, and a year later the V9X came out, you can bet you ass they'd make you pay retail for it. No difference.

5. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Did you even read my post?

6. G-Prime macrumors member

But that is the problem the iPhone isn't "just a phone". There really isn't another device like the iPhone and the Apple ecosystem. The problem is that the people complaining are the people who are used to have the latest Apple gadgets are used to buying them every year. The iPhone breaks that system.