if have iphone 4s and ipad 2 do u guys think is worth to get macbook pro? need advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by auzzuro, Feb 19, 2012.

1. auzzuro macrumors regular

hi usually on the go i have my iphone with me to play some games surf internet. while back home i use my ipad to watch some movie . read some books and also surf internet due to bigger screen feel much better for the eyes. now do u guys think should i get macbook pro? i feel that with mountain lion coming out it almost the same as having an ipad do i still need an macbook pro ?

2. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

No, you don't need one if that's all you do. Unless there is something you need it for that the iPhone and iPad can't do, I don't see the point. You will, however, need a Mac (or computer in general with iTunes) should you, for whatever reason, need to restore either of your iDevices.

3. Liquinn Suspended

Is this why when I went to the Applestore the restore worked on a Mac but of course at the time I didn't have a Mac to restore it on? A little off topic I guess.

4. Medic278, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2012

Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

It had a lot to do with you were using a computer in general to restore your device. iPads or iPhones can be restored off any computer, so if you don't have a computer restoring a device can be rather difficult.

OP:

You really don't sound like you need a MBP. Point in case that you need to be convinced of your need lol. If you happy and fine with your current devices than there is no need to change that!

5. auzzuro thread starter macrumors regular

i think right now many people are holding iphone and ipad . if this continue how apple going to sell their imac, macbookpro and macbook air because with mountain lion coming out soon it almost work like ios...not too much difference :(

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and 15" MacBook Pro, and need them all.

It doesn't sound awfully like you do, though.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

iPad = consumption of media, books, etc
    Macbook pro = creation of media, books, etc

Sounds like you only read and watch stuff, not write papers, etc.. So, I don't think you need a macbook pro.

Mountain Lion just adds more iOS features. ML is not iOS.

8. MonkeyBrainz macrumors regular

MonkeyBrainz

That is grotesquely inaccurate. ML is not "almost like iOS". They (Apple) are simply bringing in more compatibility to the OS to function better with their iDevices. Mac computers still serve very different functions/purposes than their mobile counterparts. Apple just wants them to play well together.

9. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I have a IP4, iPad2(wifi only) and a 13inch MBP(almost as portable as the iPad).

If it wasn't for the TWC TV, HBO GO, & Cinemax apps ..... I probably wouldn't be using the iPad2 at all. And now I'm even using it less since I've installed iMessage Beta on Lion. I'm not going to sell or get rid of my iPad2, but I'm definitely NOT upgrading.

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

While OSX is beginning to trend towards iOS they are far from being "almost the same". Good luck :)

11. natejohnstone@g macrumors regular

natejohnstone@g

Most people need a computer. Even if you mostly use your iDevices, you need a computer to source their content.

So next time you are planning to buy a new computer, yea I'd consider a MBP. But if you don't do a lot of graphics-intensive stuff (games, video editing, etc), then you can likely save a bunch of money by getting a MacBook Air instead.

Of course, if you have tons of money, sure, get the MBP.