If I’m running Developer Beta 2 Should I Switch to Public Beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Tapiture, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Tapiture macrumors 6502

My iPad Pro has been running iOS 11 Developer betas for the past month. I’m just wondering if Apple is done updating the developer betas and should I switch to running the Public Beta? If so, how would I do it? Would I have to install the public beta profile and delete the other beta profile?

2. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

You have got the same beta installed, so I don’t see why you would switch.

3. Phogro macrumors member

Phogro

If history repeats itself Apple will typically release the same build for DB and PB. Usually DB get released first and then PB a few hours to a day later. If you're on a DB you'll be fine to continue on this path throughout the beta cycle.

4. tivoboy macrumors 68030

yes, DB builds come much faster and more frequently than do the PB builds..

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Thats not true. Now that PB is out. Every single time we get a DP, we will get a PB. Thats how it always has been. PB just may follow a day or two behind DP. Same amount of updates though.

6. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Yeah, it's the same build, PB just comes out later. The idea is to allow devs only to try the new build, so if any showstopper bugs are found, fewer people are affected.

Once a day or so goes by and no major issues are reported, PB is released.

7. nfl46 macrumors 603

Basically: DB gets a new beta a day or so before before PB does. So, if 1-2 days are important to you, then stay on DB.