If I bought a movie 3 years ago, can I Family Share?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Kendo, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Kendo macrumors 68000

I keep hearing conflicting stories regarding Family Share. If I bought 1,000 songs a few years ago before I met my wife, and now want to set her up on Family Share, will she have access to my old songs and movies? Or does Family Share only count when I purchase content after setting up Family Share?

2. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

All of old and new, to my understanding.

Family Sharing

"On a device running iOS, 8 tap Settings > iCloud > Set Up Family Sharing. A Family Sharing window appears that outlines the benefits of this scheme. Those benefits include the ability to share purchased music, movies, books, and eligible apps. (Currently, many apps are not yet eligible.) You can also share photos and videos in an automatically created Family photo stream; share your location with family members; schedule events in a just-as-automatically created Family calendar; and help family members find their missing devices. Tap the blue Get Started link to begin the setup process."
    — MacWorld

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The answer is Yes. I added my wife to family sharing and downloaded all the songs she ever purchased since 2008 along with movies. :D

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If I bought a movie 3 years ago, can I Family Share?

Haven't run across any old stuff that isn't available to wife and I; but I also hesitate to claim you wont run across some licensing blocks.