If I buy a movie from iTunes ...will it save on iCloud ??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cheplampardfan, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Cheplampardfan macrumors member

I am thinking of buying some hd movies from iTunes and I was wondering if they will save on iCloud for me to download on an iPhone 4s?.. Also I'm asking because certain movies say that If downloaded, they will not be saved on iCloud...

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Wirelessly posted

Most will. Movies from Universal and Fox are currently not available due to licensing issues with HBO. But HBO has said they will likely relax those restrictions, hopefully in the very near future.

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

... And only to American's .

Damned shame that it's not working in Canada.

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

This also extends to their "indie" labels such as Fox Searchlight. But iTunes will say on the screen if a specific movie is not able to be synced to the cloud.

5. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

As usual, blame the Hollywood Oligarchs. I understand somewhat to their segration due to distributions deals, and the foreign distributors have traditionally paid for overdubs and subtitle translations. I have some region 2 DVDs with 5 language audio tracks and 19 subtitles languages.

Canada could be different, but maybe the legal language requirements for including French might give an excuse to separate distribution?

I'm curious on your thoughts on this matter :)

6. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Whats the advantage of it being in "the cloud" vs simply having to log on to the iTunes app, go to the movie and download from there?

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's what I do, I guess it's space and peace of mine if things go wrong. I have my entire iTunes library backed up on my NAS anyway, so don't feel the need to use the cloud at all.

8. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Before iCloud, you'd have to pay again if you wanted to redownload a movie, somg or TV episode. Also, you can stream your video purchases on an Apple TV.

9. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

10. Cheplampardfan thread starter macrumors member

I bought an hd movie from iTunes.... But for some reason the only version it's letting me download is the sd version.. Any idea why it won't let me download the hd version that I paid for....

11. brentsg macrumors 68030

I can be in the away from home and simply decide that I'm going to watch a movie that's in the cloud.

Before I had to plan ahead and sync of bunch of content to the iPad.

12. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Go into iTunes preferences and look for something along the lines of "Prefer: 1080p, HD, SD", etc., it's a setting.