If I buy a new iPhone 4, what are the chances of getting a yellow screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DDar, May 28, 2011.

1. DDar macrumors 6502

DDar

I ask because I'd rather not turn it on in the store since I want the first power up to be at a 100% charge (Supposedly that helps maximize battery life) and this yellow screen thing seems to be a big issue...

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Yellow screen is ONLY a replacement issue. Not a brand new issue.

3. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Yellow screen was a bit of an issue half a year ago not so much anymore.

4. Thadon macrumors member

Ummm no, I had to get my VZW preorder iPhone 4 replaced because of the yellow tint issue.

5. jb86 macrumors newbie

got a replacement/refurb today...looks great not yellow at all

6. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Very slim. Remember you may see a bunch of people who complain about it here but the people who don't have problems are not posting about how great and not yellow their screen is.

As long as you fully charge and discharge the battery a few times you are not going to hurt your battery life by turning it on in the store.

7. JackSpearo macrumors regular

I don't think you'll even notice unless you have something to compare it to side by side...

8. ann713 macrumors 6502a

My friend didn't notice his phone was yellow until we compared our phones side by side. His iPhone was purchased release month so I reckon this is an issue with early productions.

9. colticus macrumors newbie

My iPhone 4 has a yellow tint and I bought it last week. :(

10. ddl42486 macrumors newbie

i bought mine a month ago and just noticed its yellow compared to my moms IP4 :(

11. Itxdjx macrumors member

The yellow screen is NOT a defect, nor is it only refurb units. The yellow screen actually has much better color representation! I have had 4 ip4 and half where yellow half where blue, like said you can't tell unless you compare. I hate the blue looks very washed out ever since the first iPhone. But over time the white balances all look the same. The yellow has a more natural feel, and yes the blue tint seems brighter.

It takes one person to say that the yellow screen is something wrong and people believe it, it's CRAZY how people can convince themselves of that. I currently have a blue tint and HATE it but I'm not gonna get mad or disappointed. But no way it it a PROBLEM.

But I would say a 50 precent chance. And is it that serious of a problem if yours isn't the same as your friends! O NO!

12. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

honestly dude, i've seen your posts here. you're one ignorant person. you know nothing so please, do some research before you post.

my ORIGINAL iPhone 4 16GB week 32 (bought in August) had a yellow screen, and so does my replacement.

13. luked14 macrumors 6502

My brother just went to get his iPhone replaced for dead pixels and the genius tried a few phones and they all had yellow screens. I got my iPhone replaced a while back and the refurb wasn't yellow at all. There's no guarantee of what you'll get from a refurb. As for new units, the ones I've seen people buy recently all had bluer screens.

14. oplix Suspended

oplix

This was an issue when ip4 first came out when they were rushing them out of the factory before the bonding agent fully dried

I'm not sure if you are referring to the warmer color profile of new ip4s