If I buy a new mbp tomorrow.....how will I know if it's newest rev?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cuda2, Nov 9, 2010.

1. cuda2 macrumors newbie

Here in Chattanooga we do not have an apple store but we do have best buy and Mac authority stores. If I do go for it tomorrow, is there a way to tell from box labels if it's a newest revision model.... Or have they not had any little hardware twinks this year on the mbp 15" i7?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Go to website and put MBP in cart. Part number will show. Make sure box has correct part number.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Since upgrading to the i series processors, they have not changed, other than adding a 2.8GHz option.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

they sell so many Macs ... there are no old Macs just sitting on the shelf anywhere

5. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Not true, I know a lot of resellers that have previous gen stock, and they are almost giving it away because no-one smart will buy it.

I had a guy try to sell me a previous gen macbook, so I got out my current gen MBP to open apple.com show him that he was flogging old stock and to give up.

He almost cried when I told him he needs to learn his product before selling it.

6. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

I work at best buy and got a MacBook pro 2.66 ghz core 2 duo 4 gb ram 9600m for 879 cause it was an old model. That's 50% off it was new too not open box and without best buy discount

7. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

See, this is good, people can buy previous gen gear if they want it, and get a bargain, but the guy I was talking about tried to tell me it was current gen...

Sorry, didn't mention that...

I would happily buy the current MBP when the new one comes out to save a buttload of cash!

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

thank you ... I stand corrected ... so therefore, buyer beware

cheers :cool:

9. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

Mind you, I am in Australia, so maybe we aren't as mac hungry here, and therefore, everywhere else might get a bit quicker stock turnover!

Either way, be sure to check spec and model number (OP).