If I Buy An iMac But Pay By Month, Do I Get It Now, Or Do I Have To Pay It Off First?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by pcs are junk, Oct 26, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

hi, i was looking into buying an iMac, but i wanted to know if i pay by month, will i get it immediately, or will i have to pay off the whole computer before they ship it to me? thanks in advance!

2. belvdr macrumors 603

You'll get the Mac now, and drug over the coals sooner or later in interest, unless you can pay it off on one of those same as cash loans.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

4. belvdr macrumors 603

Or, if you don't qualify for a same as cash loan, save your money then buy. No need to pay someone interest when a little saving can prevent that.

5. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

oh so i get the computer, then i pay for every month right? thats good becuz i really wanted one, cuz i have a aluminum macbook, and i was trying to sell my hp laptop and desktop, but now i can just get it right away instead of waiting! woo!

6. belvdr macrumors 603

Yes, but not a wise thing to do usually. If you don't understand financing, I'd highly suggest saving up the cash first.

7. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

I would agree with the above and the fact that you asked the question in the first instance suggests your understanding of finance might not be the greatest.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is there any reason to understand finance when you can get a new shiny toy today? Probably not. Unfortunately all good advice seems to fall on deaf ears.

OP: I would save up the money. It sounds like you already have a Mac, what's wrong with that one?

9. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

yes, that's what a credit card does - buy now, pay later

10. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

...and later...and later...and later...

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And this is why we're in a credit crisis.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you anyways? Because you don't seem to have any understanding of credit and financing which makes me think you aren't 18 and thus not eligible to finance it anyways.

12. tron1971 macrumors newbie

If you go to Apples website, I think you have to go to the iMac page and click purchase, you will see this offer. Apple is offering on approved credit of course, same as cash financing for 12-months for purchases over $900 using the new Barclay Card Financing Visa Card. Good luck!

13. belvdr macrumors 603

Beware of these offers, in that interest collects the entire 12 months. If you pay it off in time (read the fine print carefully), the interest is removed. If you miss paying it off by one month, the entire 12 month's interest suddenly shows up on your statement.

14. KidMoe85 macrumors member

Wow, I was about to post the exact same thing. If he has to ask a question like that, he should not be taking on a loan. Chances are he won't be approved anyway.

15. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

And if you can't pay it off, Obama will come along and give you a bailout to pay it off for you.

Of course that means that ultimately the taxpayers will end up paying for it at 100X the actual cost, but then again maybe they will get free health care in the mean time?

16. DRII macrumors newbie

Bailout for consumers?:eek: When does this start? I got an AMEX I need a 2k bailout on! So I can use it to purchase a 2010 Mac Pro. It still smoking from my 09 MP Quad i bought in June! I read the rumors and posts almost everyday for the last 3 years and I've never posted or commented. I just came on 2 say: THIS IS A SITE TO HELP OTHERS, GET OFF OBAMA"S D#*K!:eek:

And to the OP, buy what you want. If you get approved, just pay it off well in advance of the alotted time.

17. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

im 13, but my dad is a used car dealer and he finances stuff all the time, so he'll know what to do, all i wanted to know is that i dont have to pay 1200 bucks right away =D lol

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

At 13 you can't apply for credit and your father, as a presumably functioning adult, should probably refrain from financing a piece of tech that will be outdated before he actually pays the bill. Deaf ears no doubt, deaf ears.

19. belvdr macrumors 603

Financing for a business and financing for a person are two separate worlds. So, at 13, you're wanting to go into debt for things you want and not need. Marvelous.

20. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

The consumer bailout already happened, didn't you hear about al the people who got their mortgages reduced, or refined? And I wouldn't be surprised if more is on the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I think used car salesman and a financially responsible functioning adult are mutually exclusive ;)

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

More is not only on the way, there are still many many loans to modify. Some deserving some are just loans belonging to mindless twunts who shouldn't have had a loan in the first place with their 60% DTI and 500 FICO.

23. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yes, you get it now, thats the whole point of it lol...

Though you'll have to pay interest on it so pay it off as quick as you can!

24. Thomas Davie macrumors 6502

I work at a university where staff (I am a technician, or slave as we call ourselves), and we are allowed to purchase computers on a 0% loan paid off over a one year period. Granted, the vast majority of loans do not work like this....

Tom

25. travislopes macrumors newbie

If you're going the no interest financing route and you aren't getting it built to order, go purchase it from Best Buy. They offer 18 months, no interest financing and have the "standard" configurations of every model Apple has.