If I buy an iPad Pro in the US, can I return it to a UK store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusping, Jan 3, 2016.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

My Dad is going to America and I'm planning on him getting me an iPad Pro as I would save about £85 on the 128gb model. If there is a problem or I want to return it within the 14 days allowed, can I return it to a UK Apple store and get a full refund or only a replacement?

2. Bpmd macrumors newbie

No refunds, no returns. If it's Wi-Fi and its defective then they'll repair or replace. If it's Cellular then you're out of luck.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I've had iPads purchased in the US repaired or exchanged in several different counties, but no refunds.

4. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Thought this might be the case. I'm going for the wifi model anyway. What if I bought it from Best Buy (not an Apple Shop). Can I still get it repaired here in the UK?

5. Furzul macrumors 6502

Furzul

Would you not have to pay import duty and VAT at the customs?
    I am not sure how it works, but if you do have to pay VAT that would be about £80.

6. Bpmd macrumors newbie

It doesn't matter what store you buy it in, as long as it shows up on the system as being within it's one year Apple Care warranty.

Back when I worked for them they sometimes covered you for the 2 year EU warranty based only on where you live, but they were phasing that out at the time; so it's probably only one year only now.