If I buy online and specify instore pickup and pay online what does Apple Store do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kapalua12, Oct 3, 2013.

1. kapalua12 macrumors 6502

The Apple Store online ordering process asks for the carrier desired and checks upgrade eligibility and takes your credit card payment. I specified which store I wanted to pick it up from.

So when I go into the Apple Store after getting my "Available for In Store Pick up e mail" and provide the salesperson with my web order number e mail printout and photo ID, do they just give you the waiting unopened box or do they open the new iPhone box, activate the phone and get the pristine new iPhone all smudged with fingerprints?

I want to just bring it home unopened and apply glass screen protector first.

Does Apple charge our credit cards when the phone is available for pickup or when it is actually in our hands and they have us sign off on their little iPhone cash registers?

2. orangecrush1399 macrumors newbie

orangecrush1399

I just bought mine last night, he didn't open the box, said when he scanned it it would be activated. No need to open it unless you need help setting it up

3. pbateman macrumors 6502

What if you do not buy it online, but see it is available at a specific store for pickup and go direct...will they sell it if they still have them? I heard somewhere some stores are forcing u to buy online and wont give you any if you just show up....
    Also how fast do you get your email? can i buy online select store pick up and go right away?

4. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

This is how it went for me as well.

5. ajt1995 macrumors 6502

This is how me and my 5c went also.

6. orangecrush1399 macrumors newbie

orangecrush1399

From the time I got my order confirmation it was about 30 minutes until I got my "we're ready for you" email. Not long at all.

7. kapalua12 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm right between billing cycles and can "float" the cost of the phone to the next month's billing cycle if I wait two days to pick it up if they do not bill until it's picked up. When do they bill the credit card? When the order is "ready for pickup" or when the phone is picked up?

8. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Same here. I was in and out of the store in about 5 minutes.