If I buy the iPhone 4s for sprint and the iPhone 5 comes out next year....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Booju16, Oct 5, 2011.

1. Booju16 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Say, next year around this time, will sprint let me upgrade although I have eye contract from the 4s? AT&T let me be elidgible for upgrades from iPhone to iPhone (excluding this one since I got my iPhone 4 like 4 months ago) although my contract wasn't up, and they're letting some people do it now...

2. londonhogfan macrumors newbie

no, unless they make some changes. I recently wanted to upgrade from my EVO to the Galaxy SII and after a couple of weeks talking to seemingly everyone at Sprint I ended up having to cancel my line, pay the ETF fee, transfer my line to a go phone, then port the number back to sprint. It was that or pay the $600 (or whatever it is) for retail.

They wouldn't even let me buy out of the contract then sign a new one to get a new phone. They said as soon as I did it my phone number would be lost. Their phone support even coached me to do it this way.

3. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD