If I buy the iPhone 6 T-Mobile version at an Apple store...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G-Ziss, Nov 13, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Can I use it on a prepaid $30/month plan? Will I need to get a new sim card too and change my phone number?

2. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

3. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

Stupid Apple chat agent just cost me a phone. It was in stock at a local store and I added it to my cart. I requested to chat with one of their online agents to confirm this before ordering and while I was waiting for a chat agent to join, the phone sold out. On top of that, an agent never did join my chat window.

I'm beginning to think I was not meant to get one.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yeah it would've worked just fine. In fact if you already have a nano SIM card then all it would've been was a simple sim swap.

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yeah, this is what I did. Although you will need a new nano sim in order to do this. If you try using the sim that comes with your phone, you have to call up and activate your service. The $30/month plan is online only. If you check out Slickdeal.net, every once in awhile, they'll have T-Mobile sims for a penny. You can port your number when you activate the nano sim online.

6. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

So if I buy it at an Apple store and take it to a T-Mobile store, will they be able to give me a new sim card and activate the phone with my current $30/month plan and current number? That was my plan so I'm hoping that's possible.

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The $30 prepaid plan can ONLY be activated via TMobile.com or if you buy the $30 SIM and credit kit at Walmart. They will not activate it for you either in an Apple or TM store.

8. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, so what exactly is the process if I already have the $30/month prepaid plan on my current phone and want to keep the same number? Do I need to go to Walmart and buy a nano-SIM activation kit? I looked on Walmart.com, but couldn't find one. All I could find is a micro-SIM kit.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Since it is already activated you should be able to go to a T-Mobile store and ask for a new sim. It won't effect your plan.