If I check POP email w/iPhone, it no longer works on desktop.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by somecows, Jul 1, 2007.

1. somecows macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I just got my iphone and am having a problem getting email to work. I have 3 standard POP accounts each hosted on a different server. 2 of them are working fine, but 1 is behaving strangely. After I synced the iPhone for the first time, all of a sudden my copy of Mail on my MBP starts giving me an error message that the password for the email account is not being accepted. I keep putting the password in, and keep getting a message that it is wrong. I can't tell if the account is working on my iPhone or not, I think maybe not because no mail is showing up there either. The only way I can get it fixed is by deleting the entire email account off of my server and then setting it up again. But then once I re-sync the iPhone, it stops working again. It's really weird.

Has anyone had this happen? I'm totally confused.

Thanks

2. tritip macrumors newbie

lock issue?

Please review the thread on password trouble. I believe it is a mailbox lock issue. I don't know if there's an easy solution.

3. nmatese macrumors newbie

4. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

I have a similar problem with an @sbcglobal.net account which uses yahoo mail through SBC. I cannot use yahoo cause the login is xxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net

I've since decided I'm sick of 'Error Code 5' as the yahoo mail states and am dumping SBC for Time Warner...

5. maduarte macrumors newbie

sbcglobal.net email through Yahoo! default settings

You can get your sbcglobal.net account set through the Yahoo! default setting. Instructions at:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5392498

Not sure yet if that fixes the password problem, though. I have the problem in an sbcglobal and a university-provided account.

BTW it appears Firmware update 1.1.1 does not solve this problem.

6. moogs macrumors member

Sorry to be digging up way old threads but has this been fixed yet? When mail gets downloaded to my iPhone, it locks up the mail server and I can't retrieve the mail using outlook. It's failing to log off the server or something.