If I delete an app on the iPad then sync to iTunes, what happens?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dragoro, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Does app delete on iTunes when I sync? What if I decided I didn't want to delete the app after all?

Specifically I'm talking about vlc, I deleted it off my iPad. Still have it in iTunes. If I sync, does it get deletedin iTunes too?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

No, it stays in iTunes and you can add it back in later

3. Illustrial macrumors member

It will uncheck itself on the Apps tab on the iPad section in iTunes.

By rechecking the box next to it, it should reinstall itself when you next sync.

4. Dragoro thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Will it just get added back when I sync? Or do I need to do something to get it added back?

Ah ok Ian, thank you guys!

5. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

When you sync your iPad your Mac/PC does a backup of the position of everything and all of its data, so if you deleted something it does a backup without it and rearranges everything.

When you connect your iPad and open iTunes a tab will appear with your iPad on the left, and when you click on it some bigger tabs appear on the upper part with names such as Music, Photos and Apps.

If you enter the Apps section you can rearrange, add or delete apps at your will.

6. Dragoro thread starter macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Thanks guys, it worked. I appreciate the help.

Coming to find the two videos I tried using vlc doesn't come out nearly as well on the iPad as they do on the pc. Still for the most part come out good, just blearly in spots and in a few sections words don't line up with their lips, but since it's just mUsic vids it's not that big of deal.