If I Downgrade to Lion, Can I still Get Photo Stream to Work Between iPhone & iPad 3?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by HappyDude20, Feb 28, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I cannot believe i've gone this long without going back to Snow Leopard. I dearly miss Spaces and have had Lion since day one. I'm currently using Mountain Lion on my MBP and hate it. It's too buggy and as luck would have it just found my original SL disc.

Wondering if Photo Stream would still work between my current iPhone 4 and (upcoming) iPad 3?

Further, I'm guessing iCloud features would stop working no? Like, say iCloud syncing between iCal on all devices, and bookmarks right?

God I hate Apple now that Steve Jobs is gone. Sorry, rant over.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I would think photostream would still work but how do you plan to get photos to your Mac? The usb cable using image transfer? How quaint. :eek: My iPhone 4 is my main camera because I always have it with me when there's a picture that needs taking. The quality is less than my DSLR or my point and shoot but those are sitting on the buffet in the dining room rather than with me when I need them. For this reason, keeping photostream working is important enough to me I'd not consider downgrading to SL without a photostream workaround.

I understand your concern here completely. I picked up a refurb mini to run ML preview. It ran so fast on SL and it only geekbenches about 100 points faster than my Macbook. So perhaps there is some maintenance I can do on my Lion install or perhaps I would consider downgrading but not unless I found a way to make photostream and iCloud sync work. There were rumors last summer that Apple would bring iCloud to SL but I think those rumors have fizzled now. Apple seems to have turned their attention to 10.8 and those of us thinking about SL are largely forgotten in Apple's future plans.