iPad mini If I have MBA 13, do I need the bigger screen of iPad Air 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JerTheGeek, Jan 13, 2015.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

In my search for the iPad I should upgrade my mini 1 to, I have run upon this question.
    If I already have my MBA 13, would the iPad Air 2 be overkill? Is the Air 2 meant to be more of a laptop replacement, which I don't need? Is the mini better because it is closer in size to my 5s and MBA 13?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's no right or wrong answer, If you like the size of the Air, then get it. Just because you have a 13" MBA does that prevent you from using or enjoying an iPad Air

3. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Depends on what you use the iPad for, I suppose. I have never really felt the iPad was a laptop replacement. Sure, there is some duplication of functionality, but otherwise, there are many things i do in the laptop that I wouldn't do on an iPad, just as there's work I do on an iPad that is just more seamless and fluid compared to a laptop.

I own a retina mini, and I find that while i appreciate the smaller and lighter form factor, I do miss the larger display somewhat. It just makes all the difference when typing in landscape mode on the sofa.

What would you want to use a tablet for, primarily? That would help determine which size suits you better.

4. JerTheGeek thread starter macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

I use my mini mainly for watching Youtube videos, browsing the web, replying and browsing on these forums, reading technology news, and playing the occasional casual game. Im homeschooled and work outside quite a bit, and when I do I bring the mini out with me to use as a dictionary and to take notes with it. Once or twice a month I take the iPad out and about with me, and I find it convenient to just slip it in my pocket. However since I'm not bringing it out very often, I'm not sure if this is something that should really influence my decision.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It sounds like the mini fits you best. I would stick with what works.