If I haven't upgrade to Snow Leopard yet, should I bother to do it now?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by billysea, Aug 18, 2010.

  1. billysea macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2008
    #1
    Or should I just wait for 10.7?

    I have Leopard right now, and wondering if I should upgrade now since I have been doing fine without it even a year after SL's release.

    Also, if I do upgrade, do I have to backup everything in my Mac side of things and Bootcamp side of things before the installation?
     
  2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

    Grannyville7989

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2010
    #2
    If you're happy with 10.5, then stick with it until we get news about 10.7 and take it from there.
     
  3. blunderboy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2010
    #3
    Depends. If you can run all the apps you want with Leopard and don't see the advantage in upgrading to SL, then don't. Most of SL's changes are under the hood, like optimisation for certain aspects of the Intel chips, and subtle interface tweaks, like changes in how Exposé works.
     
  4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Location:
    England
    #4
    OS X is one of the few areas that Apple does announce and discuss in advance, at least in part, so on this occasion you can probably wait and see what announcements there are for 10.7 (assuming that's what it will be called of course).
     
  5. Tonsko macrumors 6502

    Tonsko

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2010
    #5
    A small advantage I could see would be that it includes DEP (Data Execution Protection) in SL, which wasn't present in Leopard.
     
  6. iLLucionist macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Location:
    The Netherlands
    #6
    10.6 is **WAY** more responsive and **WAY** faster. The Beach Ball effect is almost extinct on my system. Oh, and the footprint is a lot smaller.
     

Share This Page