If I jailbreaked and used installer.app for NES (etc) and Restore, is it normal now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Sep 25, 2007.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

I jailbreaked and installed NES and then restored to the original state. Is it 100% the way it was before? I ask because i'm afraid that the new firmware may brick my phone, but if the restore is fine, then i guess it's fine too..any thoughts?

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

I did a restore, but when asked I did not set it up as a new Phone,
    so it restored the backup from the last sync.

However I heard that it leaves preference files,

Can someone that has had to restore their iPhone for an update tell me if you were required to restore it as a new iPhone for the update to work.

3. Kchino macrumors member

You should be fine. I've had to restore before the last two updates and haven't had any problems.

4. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

Yes

If all you did was activate and jailbreak, it should be back to the original settings, and not activated. iTunes will ask you to activate and treat it either like a sync'ed phone or a new phone.

If you unlock the phone, then restore, it will do the same. But if you use iNdependence to activate, you will have an unlocked phone in the original state, and the only way the Apple Store will know is if they put another SIM in it.

In my experiemce at least.

But no one knows if the new update will brick it or not.