If i look at macbook air, that would High-res look like?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roeliepoelie, Jun 26, 2012.

1. roeliepoelie macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am still doubting between two options, that is the classic macbook pro with or without the highres option.
    today i saw in an magazine that the macbook air has an resolution of 1440 * 900, and that on a 13". So, is it true that when i look at an 13" macbook air i would see the same as on a macbook pro 15" with high res???
    So, in how big the letters would be... (I don't want ending up with an screen where i have to have an magnifying glass...)
    Because my brother has an macbook air, and i kind of liked the screen, would it than be the same as on the mbp high res....
    That would make it easier for me to see what to expect when choosing between the two...

2. Dunnite, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2012

Dunnite macrumors newbie

The macbook pro 15 inch with hi res is 1680x1050 with either anti glare or glossy. I end up getting the 15 inch with anti glare and couldn't be happier. The font size imo your eyes will adjust to it. I say go to an Apple store or best buy yourself, the anti glare had me at hello but everyone is diffetent.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The pixel density of the 13" Macbook Air and the 15" High res option are almost exactly the same (127ppi vs 128ppi).

Text, icons, etc. will be basically the same physical size on both displays, but of course on the 15" high res there will be more total work space since it's a bigger display.

4. Dunnite macrumors newbie

I also should add that I feel that macbook air's screen isn't as glossy as on the pro. So I guess it just come down to weight/size and future upgrades for you then.

5. roeliepoelie thread starter macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks for the info.
    At least now i know what the size will be of the text/fonts...
    There is NO shop around here were they stock the mbp with high res screen.
    Now i can have look at the macbook air, they got that one everywhere and see myself if i like the size of the text/fonts...
    And than it will just be the question for glossy or anti glare...
    Final question... Is the high res just as glossy as the 'normal' macbook pro.
    So, if i like the screen of the macbook pro, i will also like the screen of the high res ?
    Thanks..

6. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

The HR display has the exact same glass panel covering the screen so the glare is identical.

I'd recommend going for the AG.

7. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The high-res glossy screen is just like the normal MBP screen, including the glass over the front.

The high-res antiglare doesn't have the glass, just a silver bezel like the Macbook Air.