If I miss signing for UPS, can I pick up my iPhone at their warehouse?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bollweevil, Sep 20, 2012.

1. bollweevil macrumors 6502

My father just convinced me not to pre-sign for my iPhone 5, which is due to arrive tomorrow. His main point was that it might get stolen.

If I don't answer the door to sign for it, what are my options? Can I call UPS and then drive to their warehouse to pick it up? Or do I have to wait for their second delivery attempt on a later day? I am in the US, in a suburb of a major city.

How soon can I get my phone if I miss the first delivery attempt?

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Yes, but you have to wait till the end of the day when the truck goes back to the depot.

3. megapopular macrumors 6502a

If you miss the delivery you can call ups to have it pulled from the truck that night and then you can pick it up from the hub... They call you back to tell you what time it will be ready which is usually after 7pm!

4. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Just wait until sometime after around 8:00 and go to the hub and get it

5. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

They will literally accept a note on your door... just say "Please leave the package" Then print / sign it.

6. pbrooks macrumors regular

pbrooks

I've done this several times.

No, don't just show up. You will have to call them or else it will not be available for pickup. Once you have called them, they will call you back with a time window - usually half an hour. For me, it's always been between 8 - 8:30 pm. There have always been lots of people waiting there to pick up packages, and I imagine that there will be even more due to the iPhone lauch day thingie.

7. megapopular macrumors 6502a

Did you read his post? He's decided that he doesn't want it left at his door because of it possibly being stolen.

8. rwmson macrumors newbie

When I get the dreaded yellow post-it note on the door I have called UPS and asked for a "re-delivery" and the driver came back to my house the same day. This has worked for me several times.

9. SlyMac macrumors 6502

SlyMac

In my experience, you can change it to a pick up but only after they've made an attempt to deliver.

10. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Not exactly sure if it works the same in the states, but I ordered a MacBook this week and UPS delivered it yesterday but no one was home to sign for it so they left their note.

I called and they said I can set up a pick-up but that it'll be on the next business day. I asked if I could pick it up same day and they sent a request to the warehouse which called me and said that the truck wont reach the warehouse till 7:30pm but they close at 6:30 so I wouldn't be able to pick it up till the next day, so I'm just waiting for them to re-deliver it today instead of pick-up.

So basically, you may be able to pick up same day if no one signs for it at the door, but you'll have to call and see when it'll reach the warehouse.