If I order rmbp now, would I get Lion or mountain Loin?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by revm1m, Jun 30, 2012.

1. revm1m macrumors member

If my order comes in 3 or 4 weeks and Mountain Lion supose to be release in 3 weeks. would I get Lion or mountain loin?

2. tomtom2234 macrumors member

I'm not sure but you get a free upgrade to mountain lion if it doesn't ship with it.

3. laxman101 macrumors regular

If you order now, it will come with Lion. You should be able to get a free upgrade to ML. I believe its 30 days before the release is when you get a free copy if you purchase your Mac.

4. walex19 macrumors newbie

Lion. Then you will get ML free once it's out.

5. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I am looking forward to the free Mountain Lion upgrade!

6. midtownhd macrumors member

He's not asking about the free upgrade to ML. He's wondering about the possibility of the order arriving with ML preinstalled.

7. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I would certainly hope you wouldn't get any Mountain Loins.

8. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

I think this is a really good question and I'm curious about the answer. My rMBP doesn't come until the 20th-26th of July (ordered 20th of June). Probably very little chance that it will come with ML. It's unfortunate though, because it means my recovery partition will be formatted with Lion installed rather than ML. Macs sent after the release of ML will presumably have ML as a recovery partition and we'll all be left with an old OS on recovery partitions of those ordered before it was released. Is it possible to upgrade a recovery partition to a newer version of the OS?

9. revm1m thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone. I just ordered it on Amazon and it tells me delivery date is July 26th-Aug 4th. I think Mountain Lion is coming out on July 22nd, so hopefully will have Mountain Lion , otherwise I have to update and that is Okay.

10. brand macrumors 601

brand

Best post of the day.

11. Exana macrumors regular

http://www.apple.com/osx/uptodate/
    If you buy from Amazon, chance to have ML is lower than if you order from Apple. Amzon buy thousand Mac one time for stock then ship. When ML will be announced, any new Mac ordered from Apple will have Mountain Lion while those coming from e-store (Amazon and so on) will come from older stocks.

12. magbarn macrumors 68000

At this point, unless ML release is delayed, I'm pretty sure if you order today it will come with ML pre-installed. Apple's build-delivery is so efficient, your machine is just about a week old by the time it arrives at your doorstep.