If I ordered at 6 AM Central Time...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Sep 13, 2012.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

If I ordered at 6 AM Central Time, would I still get my iPhone on launch day, you think?

I have to call AT&T to do it.

2. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Hmmm, they must have offered you the full upgrade, but you actually have to call in and place the order through retentions?? If so, I am in the same boat as you. I do appreciate the fact they offered me the full upgrade, but I am concerned about availability if I wait until 6AM CST.

3. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

That's only 3 hours after it goes live. Obviously there is no way of knowing but I'd saying most are good until at LEAST 1100, maybe even as late as 1400. Then again, who knows.

4. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Actually it will be 4 hours I believe, since preorders will start at 2AM CST. I'm still inclined to agree with you though. Plus, it would be nice to not have to wake up at 145AM CST anyways! It really depends on how badly you want the iphone 5 on launch day. I already have the 21st scheduled off for a doctors appointment, so if its sold out when I call in at 6AM then I guess I'll just go wait in line.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

The US is 100% top priority for a launch market. The fact that they are launching in many countries, and then following with a huge list of countries indicates they're confident in the product availability. This makes sense, since we've seen so many "leaks" lately, it's obvious that between Brazil and China, they've obviously been ramping up production for some time. I don't think we'll see supply constraints on this product like in the past.

I called to ask the Apple phone support, and she said that from what they've been told, anyone who preorders it will get it next Friday, and that even retailers are expected to have enough supply the day of to accommodate all walk-ins. She said that it's very possible the website demand and store lines will be the one limiting factor as usual.

6. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks!
    But retentions can't preorder it just to let you know. We have to call sales! :)

7. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Maybe something got edited out, but I did not see anything about retentions.

Anyway, just a wild ass guess... but if you order online or call in by early morning, you should get your phone on the 21st.

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I think last year the first batch sold out at around 6 or 7am, not to sure though but i do remember it was early.

9. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Ok, so if they are going to allow you a full upgrade we have to call sales? The person I spoke to this week just said to "give us a call back and we can place the order for you" I just assumed that she meant to call retentions back.

10. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

9am EST times didnt slip yet.

11. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Is 6 AM early?

Really? I don't remember that? I thought it was the end of the day but you never know.

12. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Incorrect ... iPhone 4S didn't sell out till the evening of pre-order west coast time.

13. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

In any case apple seems to sell more and more iPhones on launch, don't take your chances lol. Especially with the rumors of sharp displays being a bottle neck for production.

14. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Haha. Not even man. I ordered in the afternoon and got it on the first day it was available.