If I pre-order an iPhone 4S now with a 2-3 week ship date...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brig2221, Oct 10, 2011.

1. brig2221 macrumors 6502

If I pre-order an iPhone 4S now with a 2-3 week ship date, will I still have the flexibility of picking one up at an Apple retail store while my online order is in queue?

I made the mistake of not pre-ordering last Friday, so now I'm looking at a 2-3 week delay if I pre-order. My plan would be to pre-order one now (depending on the answer I get to this thread) and go out looking for one in the retail channel in the interim.

I have an early flight this Friday out of town, so camping out at an Apple store on launch day is a no go for me. I would be looking sometime early next week, which I know will be extremely hit or miss given my experience with the iPad 2, hence my plan to have a pre-order in queue.

So what so you forum members, would I still be eligible for a $200 iPhone in the retail channel if I have one pre-ordered with Apple.com (in queue awaiting a shipping date)?

2. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

one million iphone pre orders.

you will be waiting.

but if you preorder online, im pretty sure it will be in the system once you get to the apple store.

3. irDigital0l Guest

I preordered one yesterday at Verizon and its coming Oct 21.

Yea you'll be waiting a while if you dont preorder it or wait in line on release date...