If I pre-order online through ATT - Can I use my dad's upgrade? [FAMILY PLAN]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SethRogen, Sep 19, 2013.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

If I order on ATT's website a 3 am tonight, can I use my dad's upgrade.... or only person? I'm on the family plan, and we all use each other's upgrades all the time.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yes, just click on his line and go through the upgrade process with his line. ATT doesn't care who actually uses the phone once the order is placed.

3. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

It's not pre-ordering. It goes on sale at 12:01am PDT. You are ordering it at that point.

4. SethRogen thread starter macrumors 6502

Then how would I switch it from so it registers to my phone and not his?

5. BMNEUR macrumors member

BMNEUR

I don't think that it's possible to change another lines upgrade to yours. Regardless, you'd need to call customer care for that one and it's too late to do that for the day.

6. SoldOutMatinee macrumors regular

SoldOutMatinee

just upgrade his line. once you receive the phone, swap sim cards

if the sim cards are different sizes, go to the att store and they'll be more than happy to to swap cards for you w the appropriate size for free

7. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Yeah you can put the new sim card that comes in phone in your father's phone when it arrives. Then put your old sim card in the new phone.

If the sim cars are wrong sizes, you can use size adapters or call ATT before turning the phone on and they will sometimes swap it around for you (what sims go with what). Or as another person said, take it to AT&T store for correct size sims.

Note, at lease these things worked for me in the past, no guarantee things haven't changed.

However, I recommend Apple.com instead of AT&T website as the return policy is better if something goes bad, damaged phone or you don't like the phone, etc.