If I pre-order through the phone, do I have to pay the full amount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChitoCrisis, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ChitoCrisis macrumors member

Do I have to pay the full amount for the iPhone 4S when pre-ordering over the phone? What was it like when you preordered before?

I currently don't have enough money to pay the full amount because I get paid next thursday. After that I should be fine.

2. LagFighter macrumors regular

Never buy something with money you don't have.

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

You may be able to finance through Barclay, but it probably isn't the best idea.

4. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

I'm not going to buy it if I have to pay the full amount right away. I may not have a money right now but I know I can next week.

5. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I was actually wondering the same thing. Last year you were able to reserve the iPhone 4 and pay for it when you picked it up at the apple store. I've heard to many different answers this year, but I'm inclined to say that preorder and in store pickup is not an option.

6. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

Pre-order at Best Buy all you have to do is purchase a $50 Gift Card and use it plus whatever else you'll owe on 14th

7. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

I didn't know Best Buy was taking pre-orders. I'll go to best buy right now. I hope I can make a pre-order there over the phone or something because I get off work at 12 pm.

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

9. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

When you Pre-Order a funds verification will get sent to your bank and if you have the funds in your account your bank approves this verification.

It wont charge your account but it does verify that you have the money available.

The charge doesnt fully come out of your account it ships.... probably next Wed. or Thurs. is when the full charge will post.

So if you dont have the money.... you wont be able to pre-order.

10. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i called best buy they said tomorrow is when the pre orders start at 10 in the morning.

11. krs7272 macrumors regular

krs7272

They are not taking pre-orders until tomorrow when they open at 10am

12. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

Debit.

however, my friend told me I can borrow their credit card and I'll just pay them back next week. But I'd prefer to buy it at best buy I suppose. But if I have to be there when the store opens then I won't be able to (I'll be at work by the time the store opens).

13. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

If you have to wait until next week until you can pay, you don't have enough money. Not trying to be mean, but you need to seriously evaluate if you need the 4S if you have to wait for paychecks to come in to afford a luxury good.

14. rkahl macrumors 65816

15. ChitoCrisis thread starter macrumors member

It's because I made early payments for my rent and other stuff. If I had known iPHone 4S was coming out I would've had money.

16. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Sorry - not to be your Dad or anything, but you do not need to be spending money on this toy at this point in your life.

Besides, how could you NOT know the new iphone was coming out.

Wait until you have at least three months rent i the bank before blowing money on a toy. It is a toy and I am getting one, but I only pay for things with money I have in the bank.

17. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Lots of people on their high horse in this thread.

I don't know your financial situation OP, and I'm not going to pretend I do. If you think you can afford it, then trust your judgment and enjoy a new, fun toy :) Not more than a couple people on this forum "need" a 4S.

Anyway, Apple puts a hold on your account, so if you don't have the funds in your account (or on your card) then you're out of luck.

Best bet would to hit up Best Buy tomorrow where they only require $50 down.

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

With a debit, you must have the funds available when you purchase/preorder or else it will be an overdraft.

19. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Its not always a money issue. Some people just prefer in store pickup. I know I do personally. Plus, if I can wait until next week to pay for it all the better. The yield on my savings is actually higher if I stay above "X" amount throughout the month. Not much higher, but I guess every penny counts these days!