If I pre-order today for July 14th, can I still try to buy one on launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone Addict, Jun 16, 2010.

1. iPhone Addict macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

Thank you to everyone who's helped me out in this forum with previous questions. Did search for this but couldn't really find any info.

Due to some AT&T glitch I was one of the few that couldn't pre-order until about 5 hours ago. Now the iPhone is only shipping by July 14th. If I go ahead and order one on Apple's website for my line will I still be able to wait in line on launch day and buy a phone for that same line (with my upgrade) or will I then be forced to pay the $599/$699 price point (due to me having already ordered one on Apple's site)?

Right now I'm eligible for the $199/$299 price point.

Appreciate you taking the time to read this and thank you for any help you can provide.

2. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Once you place your order your eligibility is gone and you have entered into another two year contract. If you look closely under the price that is in the small area to the top right of the screen on your mini cart, it says you are buying a new 2 year contact by placing your order. Therefore you will not be able to buy another phone for the subsidized price.

3. iPhone Addict thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for taking the time to read this and provide an informative and very helpful answer! :)

4. albert1028 macrumors 6502

But can't you cancel the order and therefore not be entered into a new 2 year contract. Can it be that we start the contract when we actually activate our phone?

5. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Yeah sure you can cancel the online order. I may have misread his post. I thought he wanted to buy one online first, to be safe, but then go to the store on the 24th to try and buy another to see if he could get is faster from the store. That they want let you do. But yes he could cancel the order, but he would have to do it before the end of this week, I would think, to be safe. Otherwise once it ships, it's kinda too late. Also even then, you are counting on the Apple CSR resetting your eligibilitywith the ATT server.

6. mxyamaha194 macrumors newbie

i was wondering this same thing. the iphone pre-orders now say it wont be shipped until july 14th. so if u pre-order it now, will you be able to cancel the order if you happen to get one closer to launch day (before the order is shipped)

7. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Once it ships next week? It won't ship next week, his pre-order won't ship till July 14.