If i pre-order/upgrade to the new iphone from Apple can i have it shipped to my job?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by felixroqu3, Sep 10, 2012.

1. felixroqu3 macrumors regular

felixroqu3

I've heard that if i pre-order from AT&T It could only be shipped to the billing address.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Mixed messages about this one from the forum. Some say yes and others no.

Maybe call Apple or talk to a sales rep. on Apple.com. See what they tell you about ordering a 4S today and then ask if it's different for pre-orders?

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

For AT&T your phone will be shipped to the address that is saved into that account, most likely your billing address. I recently added a line ordering the 4S for my wife and there was no option to choose the shipping, it automatically ships to your address that is saved on that account. You may want to call AT&T and change your billing address to your work location then they will ship it to your work place.

I'm not too sure on Apple site tho.

4. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Pretty sure they only ship to your billing address (the address on the CC).

5. AT101ET macrumors 6502

I think that you could. Just let your work know before, and its probably best to get it confirmed from an apple worker first.

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

That was true in my case. They would only be able to ship to my billing address. So I bought it off contract.

7. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

This is usually true, but some have been able to get it shipped to work. I'd suggest going into a store to place a preorder if you plan on using a different address.

8. mattopotamus, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012

mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

that is correct for ordering through at&t. Apple lets you change the address, so you can pick where it ships.

I obviously blocked most things out, but you can see apple let me choose a different shipping and billing last year
    [​IMG]

9. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I don't see why Apple wouldnt be able to ship to your work address, as long as you provide the correct billing address to match your card. I'm hoping I can have it shipped to work myself. I just came off a 2 week vacation and can't take any days off to wait for delivery.

10. kannesss macrumors 6502a

AT&T might be strict about it. They often make things more difficult than need be.

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

It's not AT&T, it's your CC company. 2 ways to do this:
    1 - Order to have it shipped to your billing address then call Apple and have them change the shipping address
    2 - Call your CC company and add your work address to your account. I've never shipped a phone to my house and have never had a problem either ordering or receiving one.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

you are wrong, it is at&t. Check my post...apple let me do it last year. I order off of amazon all the time to different shipping addresses....it is the seller not the CC company.

13. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

This. If I bought with AT&T on contract from Apple.com I could still only ship to my billing address. When I bought off contract from Apple.com I could ship where ever, both times using the same debit card.