If I purchase an app on my iPad that is designed for the iPhone, would I be able to

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhoney:), Nov 20, 2010.

1. iPhoney:) macrumors member

transfer it over to an iPhone in the future, I currently don't own one but will i the future, and this app is a non seller and I am afraid it will be discontinued in the near future, which means I want to purchase it now and put it on my iPhone later. :eek:

2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

You will be able to download it again, yes.

If the whole download is gone... you'll be out of luck.

3. rrandyy macrumors 6502

I think if you purchase/download it on itunes, then it will be on your computer and you can sync it to a future iphone (that is using the same itunes account).

4. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

It doesn't matter where you purchase the app (iPad vs iTunes). As long as it's in your iTunes library when you sync your future iPhone it will transfer.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

It doesn't even have to be in your iTunes. Once you pay for a game, you can then log in to the App Store using your iTunes account from any other iOS device and download it again for free. Its still a good idea to sync your devices with iTunes as back-up once-in-a-wile, but I guess it is not required (this method only works for apps, not music/movies)

[​IMG]

6. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Though I really do wish it indicated this to you in the store before you 'bought' something, not everyone has a good enough memory..

7. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

You will be fine OP. Just dont delete it from iTunes